Z1 mapping to control 4 decks

AngeloSindaco
AngeloSindaco Member Posts: 3 Member
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

Hello everybody. I'm a such a dumb but I can't let it work with the mapping I found online: https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/5111 even because the installation instructions are very poor. is there anybody who solved the 4 decks control somehow? I'd really Appreciate your help!

THanks

Angelo

Tagged:

Comments

• Patch
    Patch Member Posts: 227 Pro
    edited February 2023

Have you removed the original mapping for the Z1? You'll need to do that first.

This from the DJ TechTools page that you linked to:

Control 4 Decks 

Hold "Mode" button and press "Left Filter On\Off". Toggles between left channel control of decks A and C.

Hold "Mode" button and press "Right Filter On\Off". Toggles between right channel control of decks B and D.

So you can switch between A and C, and B and D independently. Meaning you can mix between decks A and D, and B and C if you need to. That's pretty good - since some mappings only allow you to switch between A & B (pair1), and C & D (pair2), control at any one time. You'll have 4 separate decks, instead of just 2 separate pairs.

• AngeloSindaco

thanks I'll Try that!

• AngeloSindaco

HI I'm sorry to be so dumb but I didn't found no original mapping in the Controller Manager, selecting the Z1 device. Should I found it somewhere else and delete it?

Thanks in advance

Angelo