Traktor Pro 3 starts up in wizard mode

Ton
Ton Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
edited February 2022 in Tech Talks

I've had traktor pro 3.5.2 for 2 weeks now. During 1st install everything goes well. Playlists and settings are taken over well. But if I close Traktor and restart it, it always starts up in wizard mode and playlists and settings are gone? How is this possible?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• c0nsul
    c0nsul Member Posts: 295 Pro
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

@Ton

De-activate iCloud-Sync for the Documents folder.

As you don't provide any information/screenshot/file names from your Traktor 3.5.2 folder, I would recommend to delete the Traktor 3.5.2 folder in Documents. (BUT keep your preferred setting/collection files!)

Open NativeAccess and click on repair or install Traktor.

After this process, open Traktor and do NOT choose to import old Traktor files. You want a clean install. Abort the wizard and quit Traktor after it loaded up completely. Now, a new Traktor 3.5.2 folder should appear in Documents.

First, we will try to fix your settings.

Open Traktor, open preferences and import your setting file. Important: Select your desired categories, BUT DO NOT choose File Load- And Write-Paths. These will be set manually in the next step.

Now Traktor should look familiar to your old settings. Go to preferences -> File Management -> Directories

Make sure the root directory is set to your (new) Traktor 3.5.2 folder in Documents. And the Samples and Remix directory points to the corresponding folders in your Music folder. Also, point your music folder to the right paths.

Please make sure "Import MusicFolder on StartUp" (on top of the page) is NOT activated! We will fix the collection after fixing your settings.

Ok, now click on the big export button on the bottom of the preference window and select all items.

After the export, keep Traktor running, but go to Finder and go into the Traktor 3.5.2 folder in Documents.

Drag the "Traktor Settings.tsi" onto your desktop. Now, close Traktor. As Traktor closes, you will (hopefully) see, that a new "Traktor Settings-tsi" will be created automatically. This new file should contain all the settings we imported before.

Please open Traktor again and report back, if the Traktor is loading your settings or if it is showing the wizard again.

Answers

• Wyley
    Wyley Member Posts: 239 Pro
    edited February 2022
  • Ton

Yes i did.

• Wyley
  • Ton

Monterey..

• Wyley

It does not work well with Monterey yet but there is a work around that you can try here.

Can you install big sur instead?

• c0nsul

The workaround that @Wyley mentioned, helps with the new M1 Pro and Max processors of the new 2021 MacbookPro.

As @Ton profile shows an Intel Mac this workaround probably won't help.

But, in a beta of TP 3.5.2 (295) there was a similar problem.

Post from the old beta forum: https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/invalid-collection-on-rc-3-5-2-295.462723/

@Ton can you check which version of Traktor you installed? TP 3.5.2 (299) is the official and latest release.

• Wyley

@c0nsul said

As @Ton profile shows an Intel Mac this workaround probably won't help.

I did check but the os was missing that's why I asked what os he's using. I also asked if he can use Big Sur instead.

You know better about this issue than I do so you got mentioned.😉

• Ton
    edited February 2022

@c0nsul TP 3.5.2 299

It is not the problem of an invalid collection. Traktor loads the collection and settings. But when I close tractor and start it up again, it starts up in Wizard mode and I lose all my playlists and settings.

• c0nsul
    edited February 2022

@Ton

Ok, so this issue seems to be different from the one in beta 3.5.2.(295). Or any issue I know about. So, my next guesses are shots into the dark.

I believe, Traktor shows the wizard and an empty collection when the software doesn't find/recognize your collection file and your settings file.

• Are only your playlists missing or are all tracks missing, too?
    • Did you change the root directory for Traktor´s files?
    • Did you activate iCloud-Sync for your Documents´ folder?
    • Do you still have your old collection and settings files?
    • Is there more than one collection file /settings file (maybe like "new collection", "outdated settings" or something similar)?
    • Did you check the directory path in Traktor preferences (file management / root dir) is directed to the right folder?

Are you able to start Traktor with your old settings and collection? If yes, please try following steps:

Make Traktor start with your old settings and collection. While Traktor IS running go to your Document folder -> Native Instruments -> Traktor 3.5.2 and move the collection.nml and and TraktorSettings.tsi from that folder to your desktop (or anywhere else, wherever you will find it again).

Now go to Traktor into preferences and on the bottom of the window on EXPORT. Mark 8at least) Keyboard mappings, controller mappings, GUI layout, effects settings and other preferences and settings. Click OK, this will save your current settings as a new file.

Then right click onto Traktor´s Track Collection in the browser and click SAVE COLLECTION. This will save your current collection into a new file.

Then, turn Traktor off. This will save your settings and collection again into the new files. Now, restart Traktor and keep your fingers crossed! 🤞

If this didn't work, I would suggest a new and clean install of Traktor. After the clean install try using your old collection and settings files. But, in this case, you have to re-analyze all songs!

Let us know, how it is working.

• Ton
    • Are only your playlists missing or are all tracks missing, too? ---Yes all tracks and playlists are missing
    • Did you change the root directory for Traktor´s files? ---Yes but it doesn't,work as it should: Traktor preferences->file management-> root directory->music-> traktor 3.2.1 But!!... the collection.hml it's vague so i can't click on it. I only succeed if i: Right click the track collection->import another collection-> traktor 3.2.1->collection.hml. My settings.tsi import: in traktor->preferences->import->traktor 3.2.1, settings.tsi. Then everything looks perfect but when I shut down traktor and start it up again then it boots into wizard mode and everything is empty (default)
    • Did you activate iCloud-Sync for your Documents´ folder? ---Yes and that give's me lots of trouble I guess (vague files?)
    • Do you still have your old collection and settings files? ----yes that's the 3.2.1 collection.hml and the settings.tsi.
    • Is there more than one collection file /settings file (maybe like "new collection", "outdated settings" or something similar)? ---Yes there are lots of collection files in 3.2.1 and now some in 3.5.2. (I prefer the 3.2.1 collection and setting files)
    • Did you check the directory path in Traktor preferences (file management / root dir) is directed to the right folder? ------ don't know anymore. See question 2

Sorry for the mess):

• c0nsul
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

@Ton

De-activate iCloud-Sync for the Documents folder.

As you don't provide any information/screenshot/file names from your Traktor 3.5.2 folder, I would recommend to delete the Traktor 3.5.2 folder in Documents. (BUT keep your preferred setting/collection files!)

Open NativeAccess and click on repair or install Traktor.

After this process, open Traktor and do NOT choose to import old Traktor files. You want a clean install. Abort the wizard and quit Traktor after it loaded up completely. Now, a new Traktor 3.5.2 folder should appear in Documents.

First, we will try to fix your settings.

Open Traktor, open preferences and import your setting file. Important: Select your desired categories, BUT DO NOT choose File Load- And Write-Paths. These will be set manually in the next step.

Now Traktor should look familiar to your old settings. Go to preferences -> File Management -> Directories

Make sure the root directory is set to your (new) Traktor 3.5.2 folder in Documents. And the Samples and Remix directory points to the corresponding folders in your Music folder. Also, point your music folder to the right paths.

Please make sure "Import MusicFolder on StartUp" (on top of the page) is NOT activated! We will fix the collection after fixing your settings.

Ok, now click on the big export button on the bottom of the preference window and select all items.

After the export, keep Traktor running, but go to Finder and go into the Traktor 3.5.2 folder in Documents.

Drag the "Traktor Settings.tsi" onto your desktop. Now, close Traktor. As Traktor closes, you will (hopefully) see, that a new "Traktor Settings-tsi" will be created automatically. This new file should contain all the settings we imported before.

Please open Traktor again and report back, if the Traktor is loading your settings or if it is showing the wizard again.

• Ton

@c0nsul It took some time but it's all working again. Thank you very much for your clear explanation. Greetings from a happy Dutchman.