Can't record and monitor MIDI sounds from Mikro III into DAW (Acid Pro 10 and/or Abltn live 10)

altaylormusicman_71
altaylormusicman_71 Member Posts: 1 Member

I have been struggling with this issue for months. I am not very MIDI or technology savvy. I have gone back and forth with MAGIX (Acid Pro 10 support), Sweetwater (who I purchased Mikro 3 from), and these forums. I can hear and record MIDI from the Mikro 3 into the maschine software no problem but when I try to record live MIDI drumbeats into my DAW it goes silent. I think I have my MIDI input and output routing set up correctly but, honestly, there are so many different buttons and settings in both the Maschine and DAW software that it's a bit overwhelming. I have been at this for 2 years now. I just started on the MIDI stuff 6 months ago and don't feel like I've made a lot of progress with it.

Computer(s) are a Dell Inspiron 8GB RAM, 2020s laptop, Windows 10

Dell XPS 13, 16GB RAM, 2021s laptop, Windows 10

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2

Best Answers

• JJHark
    JJHark Member Posts: 3 Member
    Answer ✓

Give this tutorial a spin if you haven't seen it yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLp6m22RZ2s

Don't forget that MIDI data doesn't contain any audio, just instructions for playing a digital instrument. If you don't have the corresponding drum samples loaded up into a matching drum rack in Ableton, then your MIDI data won't play any sound.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    Answer ✓

Go into your DAW's MIDI settings and make sure all Ports with the Mikro's name are enabled, you might also have to select it in the DAW's tracks that you wish to record in.

Answers

• JJHark
    JJHark Member Posts: 3 Member
    Answer ✓

Give this tutorial a spin if you haven't seen it yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLp6m22RZ2s

Don't forget that MIDI data doesn't contain any audio, just instructions for playing a digital instrument. If you don't have the corresponding drum samples loaded up into a matching drum rack in Ableton, then your MIDI data won't play any sound.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    Answer ✓

Go into your DAW's MIDI settings and make sure all Ports with the Mikro's name are enabled, you might also have to select it in the DAW's tracks that you wish to record in.