Mikro mk3

zen drummer
zen drummer Member Posts: 26 Member

Mashine mikro mk3 can it be used without a laptop does it have internal sounds. Can I add my own sounds? Will Machine software run vsts like ez drummer 3 and can I play it with the mikro mk3 controller?

Thanks

John mark

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    Answer ✓

Mashine mikro mk3 can it be used without a laptop does it have internal sounds.

No, it does not. It's just a controller, it depends on the computer software, by itself it does nothing, it doesn't even have an actual Audio Output.

Can I add my own sounds?

Yes.

Will Machine software run vsts like ez drummer 3 and can I play it with the mikro mk3 controller?

Yes, it supports VST2 and VST3.

You can just use it in MIDI Mode to trigger Ez Drummer if you already own a DAW or load it inside the Maschine Plugin/Software, this last option it does take a bit of routing and is not very newbie friendly tho.

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    Answer ✓

Mashine mikro mk3 can it be used without a laptop does it have internal sounds.

No, it does not. It's just a controller, it depends on the computer software, by itself it does nothing, it doesn't even have an actual Audio Output.

Can I add my own sounds?

Yes.

Will Machine software run vsts like ez drummer 3 and can I play it with the mikro mk3 controller?

Yes, it supports VST2 and VST3.

You can just use it in MIDI Mode to trigger Ez Drummer if you already own a DAW or load it inside the Maschine Plugin/Software, this last option it does take a bit of routing and is not very newbie friendly tho.

• zen drummer

Thanks d one u r very helpful.

• zen drummer

Hi, how do I get Machine software to recognize my vsts like superior drummer 2.

Thanks for the great help

• DeepThumb
    DeepThumb Member Posts: 170 Advisor
    edited February 2023

Maschine Essentials should be included as per FAQs:

Install it via Native Access

EDIT: And here is a "Howto use a Drum VST in Maschine".

HOWEVER: Meanwhile it is my opinion that one can spend days of fiddling with the integration of drum VSTs in Maschine. IMO it is much faster to use these products separately. If you don't like Maschine's drums then make your drum sound with Superior Drummer and import its WAV file into Maschine.

Maximum possible overkill: Run Superior Drummer VST in the Maschine VST and run that Maschine VST in Ableton Live or whatever DAW. 😉

• zen drummer

Hi, Thanks for the great information on this site I got both vst's up and running thanks to your help now how do I get 2 vst's like battery 4 and superior drummer to play at the same time in Machine so when i hit a pad on Machine Mikro Mk3 both trigger at the same time. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mark zendrummer

• DeepThumb
    DeepThumb Member Posts: 170 Advisor

That sounds like a more complex MIDI routing. You have to consult the manual(s), e.g. how to setup the MIDI Out channel for the MMMK3 and routing it to the same MIDI In channels on both plugins.