Sustain pedal not working with Session Strings Pro 2 with Nord Stage 2

ranjith0
ranjith0 Member Posts: 2 Member

Hello, I've been stumped by this problem and can't figure out how to fix it.

I'm using a Nord Stage 2 88 with Session Strings Pro 2 on a MacBook Pro M1 and for some reason my sustain pedal (Yamaha FC4A) doesn't trigger the sustain working with Strings Pro.

The sustain pedal works fine with all my other software libraries (Keyscape, Garritan CFX), it's just Sessions Strings Pro 2 that doesn't work. I've monitored my Midi input and can see that it's receiving the 'Damper Pedal (Sustain)' control input.

I've tried a different pedal and that has made no difference. I don't know if it's something to do with my Nord Stage 2, but it seems odd that the sustain works with everything else, just not Session Strings Pro. Any help would be much appreciated as I've run out of ideas!

Cheers, Ranj

Best Answer

• ranjith0
    Answer ✓

Thanks for the help Jeremy! I stumbled on a fix for this myself the other day - on my Nord Stage 2, once I'd switched off the 'Extern' panel, the sustain started working. I didn't do too much more digging to try and understand why. Much appreciated. Ranj

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,298 mod

@ranjith0 Can you check the MIDI activity when in Kontakt in standalone?

When you press the pedal can you see the CC64 being activated, or is it another CC?

Are there any settings for your sustain pedal on the Nord Stage? Does it emit on a specific MIDI channel?

If you set the Kontakt instrumet to omni, do you get some sustain action?

• ranjith0
    Answer ✓

Thanks for the help Jeremy! I stumbled on a fix for this myself the other day - on my Nord Stage 2, once I'd switched off the 'Extern' panel, the sustain started working. I didn't do too much more digging to try and understand why. Much appreciated. Ranj