Komplete Kontrol M2 - Accessibility Mode Issue on Apple M2?

George319
George319 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited February 2023 in Native Access

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to NI products, having recently purchased a Komplete Kontrol S49 mk2 and Komplete Standard to take advantage of their integrated accessibility mode for visually impaired users in a Logic Pro environment.

I actually waited to install Native Access and didn't get hands-on until a couple of weeks ago, when I saw that support for NI products seemed to have been expanded to the Apple M2 chip.

I've been trying to use my Komplete Kontrol S49 mk2's accessibility mode in Logic Pro but am either not using it correctly or am experiencing some glitchy behavior.

When I add a new Software Instrument track in a Logic Pro project and set it to be a Komplete Kontrol instance, I am able to hit the Browse button on my S49 mk2 and rotate the multi-directional encoder/joystick to navigate through presets. However, I am not sure how to load a selected preset.

I've tried both clicking the encoder/joystick and pressing the "load preset" button (the leftmost button above the LCD screen) but this results in VoiceOver stating that an empty window has been opened (when Logic Pro's Software Instrument is not in Control Mode) and cryptically stating "A dialog box has opened in the software".

Also, while browsing the presets sometimes a preview sound is played and sometimes only the preset name is announced.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,607 mod
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

Hey @George319 Unfortunately the accessibility features don't include error messages. I assume that what's happening here. You should be able to load a preset just by clicking on the encoder. If this doesn't happen and you get the VoiceOver to tell you "A dialog box has opened in the software" it's probably showing an error message and since it's not readable by the VoiceOver, neither of us know what error message is shown.

Let's start with the most common issues then. First of all, make sure you install all applications found in Native Access, that includes Kontakt, Reaktor, Massive, Battery 4, etc... these are the basic plug-ins that need to be installed, they will then load inside Komplete Kontrol. More information on that topic here: Which Applications do the KOMPLETE Content Products Belong To?

Next thing to check if everything is loading normally in Komplete Kontrol in standalone. You can find Komplete Kontrol here: Mac HD/Applications/Native Instruments/Komplete Kontrol

Another important thing to check is that Komplete Kontrol and Logic both have Full Disk Access: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,607 mod
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

Hey @George319 Unfortunately the accessibility features don't include error messages. I assume that what's happening here. You should be able to load a preset just by clicking on the encoder. If this doesn't happen and you get the VoiceOver to tell you "A dialog box has opened in the software" it's probably showing an error message and since it's not readable by the VoiceOver, neither of us know what error message is shown.

Let's start with the most common issues then. First of all, make sure you install all applications found in Native Access, that includes Kontakt, Reaktor, Massive, Battery 4, etc... these are the basic plug-ins that need to be installed, they will then load inside Komplete Kontrol. More information on that topic here: Which Applications do the KOMPLETE Content Products Belong To?

Next thing to check if everything is loading normally in Komplete Kontrol in standalone. You can find Komplete Kontrol here: Mac HD/Applications/Native Instruments/Komplete Kontrol

Another important thing to check is that Komplete Kontrol and Logic both have Full Disk Access: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS