Launchpad MK3 mini and Maschine Plus

WarriorLite
WarriorLite Member Posts: 67 Member

Do the settings for plus vs 1,23, studio differ?

Which channel is used? I think I read notes started at c-2?

There is no light feedback, is it?

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,881 mod
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

There's no hardware specific settings for any Maschine hardware, its all software, so basically they're all the same.

Assuming you're talking about changing scenes, sections or lock states the MIDI channel is whatever you pick in the MIDI Change settings and the note indeed starts at C-2.

Maschine sends a MIDI note when a section/scene changes, some MIDI devices can light up a button/pad/whatever based on input but generally devices like the Launch Pad depend on a computer drivers to configure that stuff, just like Maschine requires controller editor for MIDI Mode. I also do not have a Launch Pad but I'm 99% sure propper feedback is not possible if directly connected to an M+ in standalone mode.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod

@WarriorLite Not sure what you mean here. You should be able to set up MIDI channels and notes on the Launchpad itself beforehand, then plug it to the Maschine Plus.

There will be no visual feedback from the M+ to the Launchpad, if that's waht you're asking.

Maybe some M+ user with a Launchpad can help out and be more specific? (I don't have a Launchpad to check it out.)

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,881 mod
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

There's no hardware specific settings for any Maschine hardware, its all software, so basically they're all the same.

Assuming you're talking about changing scenes, sections or lock states the MIDI channel is whatever you pick in the MIDI Change settings and the note indeed starts at C-2.

Maschine sends a MIDI note when a section/scene changes, some MIDI devices can light up a button/pad/whatever based on input but generally devices like the Launch Pad depend on a computer drivers to configure that stuff, just like Maschine requires controller editor for MIDI Mode. I also do not have a Launch Pad but I'm 99% sure propper feedback is not possible if directly connected to an M+ in standalone mode.