Need help with full access of Kontakt

Options
Sammm
Sammm Member Posts: 6 Member

I recently purchased Kontakt crossgrade... I guess because I owned piano colors I was able to get this version. From everything I have read this should be the full version. I downloaded everything available in my native access... however, it looks like I'm missing a ton of presets. Kontakt 7 only shows 900 presets, which I think I should have at least 85,000. Anyone know how to resolve this issue?

FYI, I have a newer MacBook Pro - and have downloaded everything I can find in the native access app. I even punched in the serial number to Kontakt 7 crossgrade and it didn't resolve the issue.

Best Answer

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,132 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

Apart from the Factory Library 2, three Play Series instruments and Retro Machines Mk2: not much.

Kontakt is only a sampler. You would need Komplete (preferrably Standard or higher) in order to get more content. There are also third-party instrument developers - like Soniccouture or Heavyocity - who make Kontakt instruments.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,053 mod
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hello,

If you have kontakt 7 and the kontakt factory library 2 (don't know if kfl 1 is still provided with K7) then you have all as far as I know. You maybe have 85k with komplete but even not then.

• Sammm
    Options

Shouldn’t I have orchestral and choir… Alecia’s keys etc?

• Monochrome
    Options

What exactly do you own? Only Piano Colors and Kontakt 7?

Alicia's Keys is either sold separately or included in Komplete Ultimate (and higher).

• Sammm
    Options

I own only piano colors and kontakt 7. What comes with the full version of kontakt 7?

• Uwe303
    Options
  • Monochrome
    Answer ✓
    Options

Apart from the Factory Library 2, three Play Series instruments and Retro Machines Mk2: not much.

Kontakt is only a sampler. You would need Komplete (preferrably Standard or higher) in order to get more content. There are also third-party instrument developers - like Soniccouture or Heavyocity - who make Kontakt instruments.

• Uwe303
    Options

And some free very good libraries you now can use with the full version too

• Sammm
    Options

Are the free libraries automatically placed in the native access or is there a place you can find them?

• Uwe303
    Options

You have to search them in the internet and download them and install, then you can open them in the kontakt file browser as far as I know.

• Uwe303
    Options

https://blog.native-instruments.com/best-free-kontakt-instruments/