Taurus pedal plug/software recommendations?

BryanH
BryanH Member Posts: 24 Member
edited February 2022 in Kontakt

synth noob...I have something in reaktor 5 that is a simulation but didn't know if there were other better recommendations out there...don't know enough right now to program anything myself...I've heard of some hardware but also looking for software...or would the be the same as using a mini or 2600 for bottom end?

Tagged:

Comments

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 429 Pro

What is your question, exactly

• BryanH

is there a taurus plugin that is recommended? I don't need the pedals since this is for studio use. And also, does the taurus rig do something that a mini or 2600 does not do?

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 357 Pro
    edited February 2022

In hardware, there is the Moog Minitaur.

In software, there is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8p0VdNiizg

Unfortunately, pretty old and 32-bit only.

Last but not least, if you're neither into expensive hardware, or 32-bit only software, you could get Behringer's Model D synthesizer, which can do a lot more than a Taurus, and costs a fraction.

• BryanH

thanks I actually just got a model d...I was under the impression that taurus pedals could do something on the low end that nothing else did (sound-wise)...I'm new to synths...is this not true?

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    edited February 2022

There is this oldie but goodie Taurus library from Hollow Sun.

But I think you can do everything Taurus can with a Model D. It is, after all, a cut down Minimoog, in a way.

• BryanH

thanks mate! I didn't know it was a mini!