S4mk3 freezing slowing after a while

Angelo
Angelo Member Posts: 8 Member
edited February 2023 in Traktor Software & Hardware

On my last dj Gigs i had to restart traktor.

At first after playing music for 3hr my s4 mk3 was freezing completly.

On my next after playing music for 4hr my traktor s4 mk3 was getting in slowmotion.

The eq led was freezing and reacting slowly

also the lights of cue and filter buttons. But the music was playing normal. I need help.

So i cant work.

Tagged:

Answers

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod

Did you leave your S4 playing for a while without touching any controls or was it during a mix?

• Angelo

No it was in a live Situation while I was mixing.

• Angelo

No one with same Problem?

That traktor s4 mk3 works unstable.

• Spazoo
    Spazoo Member Posts: 41 Helper

I am using macOS and I sometimes experience "freezing" on my S4 MK3 (also on S8) when I am using multiple desktops and I switch to a desktop that is not Traktor. This problem has been around for many many years. In my case the mixer is still functioning. Audio sounds great, but the mixer does not update. It only appears to be frozen.

• SteveKDJ
    SteveKDJ Member Posts: 132 Helper

Of course, there are, for example, for me too, but no one says anything that would be encouraging.

(Windows Pro + s2Mk3)

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 566 Pro

Are you using the S4mk3 Asio driver.

The Wasapi driver is what comes preloaded and has never worked for me. It does exactly as you say it randomly slows and gets garbled and can freeze.

I use the Wasapi driver for my other laptop but that one is not ever used to play Traktor live. I have to constantly refresh the bitrate to 44kz on that laptop and it will play again for 30 minutes or so.

Note: If you are experiencing high latency with your TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 MK3 / S4 MK3, you can try to reduce it by installing the ASIO driver. You can find the driver installer here:

C:\ > Programs > Native Instruments > Traktor Pro 3 > Drivers

After the installation you can select the ASIO driver in TRAKTOR's Preferences > Audio Setup.

• zephry

Make sure you are using a bitrate of 44kz or 48khz that matches the bitrate your laptop soundcard is using. This seems to help also.

• Angelo

@zephry

I will try it. But before I never had These problems before. The only things i have changed i did the Windows h22 Update a now im using beatport link. Since that i had several problems after a while so i had to restart. My last 3 Gigs was a desaster.

Sorry for my english in german i could explain it better.

• zephry

Also always have the laptop power adapter plugged in. I have noticed on some laptops the CPU load becomes unstable with Traktor when not plugged in.

I also use a plug that has nothing else connected with the laptop.

Be sure after any windows or Traktor update you restart.

My settings on the Asio driver are.

48kz, 512 latency and 3ms USB buffer.

I can get away with 256 for latency, but keep it there in case of any unexpected cpu load.

• Angelo

I always have the power adapter pluged in.

And since I have this laptop i had the same asio setting with no problems before. And the modt of the older versions were completly stable. On my last gig the Sound was playing completly normal but i couldn't regulate the Volume Bass etc because of the LEDs was reacting wrong and in super slow motion. The eq and anything was reacting in real time but the visual Feedback on my mk3 was wrong and and came seconds later.

• JohnnyRonin
    JohnnyRonin Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited March 2023

Ensure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements for your DJ software and that it has sufficient resources (CPU, RAM, etc.) available. Close any unnecessary applications or processes that may be consuming resources and causing your S4mk3 to slow down.

• zephry

I thought of something else. Many computers have a switchable graphics card.

On Windows settings look for your applications and see if you can try switching Traktor between each card (if available).

You also can check the Support application from the manufacturer and see if you can set it to a higher performance. The installed Support application will also have possible Bios updates and any updates direct from the manufacturer.