Native Access should allow downgrading and removing an installation

tetsuneko
tetsuneko Member Posts: 586 Guru
edited April 2022 in Native Access

I have a feature request to the Native Access devs.

Native Access should allow downgrading as well as removing an installed product. I have had two cases now where I have had to downgrade a product version, first Massive 1.5.9 to 1.5.8 and now Maschine 2.15 to 2.14.7. Both of these downgrades had to be done manually, and both of these product's version numbers are now listing incorrectly under "Installed products" view, which still shows the version numbers prior to the manual version downgrades.

This is not ideal. Any chance to get this filed as a feature request?

Thanks

Comments

• Kangaroo Kid
    Kangaroo Kid Member Posts: 7 Member

👍️👍️🎯⏳️😫🙋‍♂️🗣️🙃

• Kangaroo Kid

yes !!!!!!!!

• Kangaroo Kid

AGREED!!!!

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,105 admin

@Kangaroo Kid I love the energy but let's not spam discussions please 🙏

• Matt_NI

@tetsuneko I also agree, it would be super helpful if folks had the ability to revert an update. We'll get this to the team. With that said, the process should be much easier than now and could also be solved outside Native Access.

• hi-d-ho-man
    hi-d-ho-man Member Posts: 16 Helper

+1 🙋🏾‍♂️Agree

• Kay Boarder
    Kay Boarder Member Posts: 23 Member

Yes !

NI Access doesn´t care of my DAW´s OS.

I´m still on Win7 Pro by hardware reasons and my DAW doesn´t need to be connected to the web unless I decide for checking for updates.

So, all the Win10 sewcurity s##t and bloatware isn´t necessary for me.

NI Access is still compatible w/ Win7,- but doesn´t inform about updates for NI Komplete (12) Ultimate Collectors Edition not being compatible w/ Win 7 anymore. So, it installs updates also for plugins not being compatible w/ Win 7 anymore.

Up to now, it rendered Komplete Kontrol and Massive X useless for me.

Where can I find latest offline installers for both Komplete Kontrol and Massive X compatible w/ Win7 Pro x64?

How to downgrade? I was satisfied w/ the Win 7 versions.

thx for reading,-

Kay Boarder

• Aurora Heights
    Aurora Heights Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Did this ever get implemented looking for a way to downgrade to 2.15 after the newest update.

• srcinvsbl
    srcinvsbl Member Posts: 5 Member

Does anyone know how to do a downgrade on Massive? I'm having a massive issue (ha!) with the latest update in Ableton and need to go back one version so I can get Ableton to recognize the program list. I'd love it if anyone could shine some light on how to do this. Thanks!

• Matt_NI

Just hit up our team using this form: https://bit.ly/n1install

They'll send you whatever version you need