How should I properly copy to new SD? Projects don't load properly

Options
GoliatGar
GoliatGar Member Posts: 26 Member

Hi there,

I've recently purchased a 128 microSD card for my Maschine+. I have many projects and Maschine expansions in the stock card. What I've done to migrate to the new card is:

• Format the new card in M+ (to get the exFat). I also tried the same steps but formatting in my Mac instead, and renaming the volume to Maschine+)
  • Then I've copied the content from the stock card into the new one in my Mac, there are mainly 2 folders: Downloads and Native Instruments. I've copied both.
  • Introduced the new card in the M+ and turned it on.
  • Then I went to Browse and hit on rescan.

After the rescan is complete I can see my projects and kits in User tabs. The problem comes when I try loading any of the projects, it fails like this:

• Sometimes it says project load failed
  • Other times it says it doesn't find some Create Cuts samples
  • Pads in the project doesn't make any sound, as they wouldn't have samples loaded.

What am I missing here? Is there any other procedure to clone the card content?

Thank you in advance.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,354 Expert
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

Format the new SD card, which will initialize your M+ as if it was new. Then go to System Settings and download and install all library content and updates. That may take a while.

If your M+ is updated to the most current versions and libraries, you can start copying over your User Content from your old SD card.

AFAIR, you want the content of these folders:

• /Native Instruments/User Content/*
    • /Native Instruments/Maschine 2/*

That should bring back everything as you had it.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,698 mod
    Options

Hey Goliatgar, first you should reformat the new card with Maschine Plus, it automatically creates the right folders. Then you should copy the content in the right folders, not everything in the Native Instrument folder. Also make sure you have the same version of the Maschine software in Maschine Plus and your computer.

• GoliatGar
    GoliatGar Member Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your answer. 

However, what about the downloaded content? 
    I mean, as you can see in the screenshot, on the left is the formatted SD, on the right the content of the stock one. You can see there all the extra content I have from NI, like Conant Gardens, Lilac Glare…

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,698 mod
    Options
    Could you post the second screenshot ? It seems only one went through.
  • ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,354 Expert
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

Format the new SD card, which will initialize your M+ as if it was new. Then go to System Settings and download and install all library content and updates. That may take a while.

If your M+ is updated to the most current versions and libraries, you can start copying over your User Content from your old SD card.

AFAIR, you want the content of these folders:

• /Native Instruments/User Content/*
    • /Native Instruments/Maschine 2/*

That should bring back everything as you had it.