Traktor Pro 3.8 still has flashing browser when you load tracks

DimGem
DimGem Member Posts: 9 Member
edited February 2023 in Traktor Software & Hardware

Hello traktor 3.8 officially releaded and we have the same problems again

Flashing browser when you load tracks

if you push a command button such as play while the browser is flickering the command dont work

we wait for this update to fix all this .. am playing with 3.4.2 version because is the most steady

Tagged:

Comments

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod

Problem is, it is last in the product categories list, that says a lot about the priorities.

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin

@Stevan Not sure I even have to say it but the way things are categorised on the side bar has absolutely NOTHING to do with product priorities.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,218 Expert

Haha, mate, they even forgot about traktor at first. I had to remind them and they added it.

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin
    edited February 2023

@Stevan Maschine and Kontakt users are saying the same about Traktor, then Komplete Kontrol users say the same about Kontakt and then Reaktor users say the same about Traktor 🥴

In any case, if you didn't notice we actually prioritized Traktor on the community, I really don't know what to tell you.

Back on topic now for OP.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod

It means that company need to hire more developers to work on a damn bug fixes. We are already beta testing your products for free.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod
  • Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

It does not flicker on my computer. And never did. I think it flickers only on few types of Intels. Intel probably made something wrongly....

• lord-carlos

You think there is a fault in multiple CPU generations, that makes Traktor refresh / filter the current playlist, display a Traktor text for a few milliseconds and repeat that 1 - 3 times?

Why do you think that?

• Kubrak

Someone from NI has mentioned that the flicker is "feature" of certain Intels. But, maybe I am wrong and it was refering to problems in Massive X..... I also heard that Apple has skipped certain Intel CPU generation because of its iGPU "weirdeness"....

But still I have no problems on 9th gen Intel, or 5th gen AMD. Under Windows. Or I am missing something and do not use feature where the flicker exists.

• lord-carlos

It's not a GPU glitch, it's traktor refreshing / reordering the playlist, very quickly so it appears to be flashing.

Not everyone is affected and I believe you when you say you don't have it. I have it with 10th gen Intel. And it has been around for longer.

• Kubrak
    edited February 2023

OK, if not everyone is affected, than it is GPU and/or OS/OS version/GPU driver related... Such a thing may be difficult to impossible to fix.... On side of developer. OS/GPU developer must fix it.... Or developer of library used for creating multiplatform user interface....

• Kubrak

I was wrong, I have 10th gen Intel, not 9th gen, and no problems using iGPU and Traktor 3 (all versions past six months).

• lord-carlos

OK, if not everyone is affected, than it is GPU and/or OS/OS version/GPU driver related.

Wut?

How can you so quickly come to such conclusions? There are other factors, such as the collection or settings. I bet if I create a new collection one with just a few songs the issue is gone.

For me it also only happens when I filter or sort by anything other than #.

And we know both mac OS and windows are affects. And it's not a visual glitch, it's traktor doing something, as I already told you.