Loud static sounds on Ethereal Earth and The Gentleman

stillmakingmusic
stillmakingmusic Member Posts: 6 Member
edited February 2023 in Komplete General

I just bought Komplete Standard. Everything sounds so good,except Ethereal Earth and The Gentleman have loud static when I try to use them. You can hear the patches, but there is noisy static on these for some reason. Anyone else have this at all?

Best Answer

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 363 Pro
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

It's likely what you're hearing is caused by your buffer size being too small. Try adjusting that in your DAW and see if you can come to a setting where it doesn't happen. This is especially true if you're using a higher sample rate or larger bit depth. Typically a sample rate of 44.1 and a bit depth of 24bits is more than adequate. This happens on plugins that tend to have more complex and detailed samples.

Answers

• SMGS_MUSIC
    SMGS_MUSIC Member Posts: 5 Member
    edited February 2023

I got ethereal earth and it sounds fine. As stupid as it sounds I'd suggest you try to reinstall/repair both in access. That mostly fixed issues for me when I had some. There is a tool by native instruments which deletes the plugins for you

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003509269-Fixing-Software-Update-Installation-Issues-Windows-

• stillmakingmusic

Awesome, thank you. I will give that a shot. I love all the sounds. Amazing!

• stillmakingmusic

I reinstalled Ethereal and Gentleman..still have static. Now Hybrid Keys is doing it, and Soul Sessions. The others are clear. The sound you woukd get with a bad cable. The others are clear so that's not it. I'm at a loss. Bums me out.

• stillmakingmusic

I've reinstalled the ones with crackling but it still does it. My CPU isn't being taxed. Is it because I'm using Cakewalk by Bandlab? I've been using Cakewalk since it first hit the scene. Hard to change. If I have to I will. This crackling is heartbreaking. Was so excited to get recording. Fm8 has no issues. Vintage Organs no crackling. I don't get it.

HELP!!!!

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 363 Pro
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

It's likely what you're hearing is caused by your buffer size being too small. Try adjusting that in your DAW and see if you can come to a setting where it doesn't happen. This is especially true if you're using a higher sample rate or larger bit depth. Typically a sample rate of 44.1 and a bit depth of 24bits is more than adequate. This happens on plugins that tend to have more complex and detailed samples.

• stillmakingmusic

It seems to have helped. I need to maybe continue to tweak. It's a fine line between no static and latency. Thank you very much. I appreciate your wisdom.

• F1308
    F1308 Member Posts: 81 Helper
    edited February 2023

Cheeses, being English a foreign language for me I thought at first that you considered this patch, Ethereal, a stupid sound.

How could that be ?

Since I recently used it and deeply loved it, I stayed reading twice and I now see it is your recommendation that turns out to be the thing that might be sound a bit stupid, even when it worked.

😀😀😀😀

🎹🎹🎹🎹

• stillmakingmusic

I absolutely love all Native Instruments products. Was just having trouble. I think its been solved! Cheers.

• F1308
    F1308 Member Posts: 81 Helper
    edited February 2023

Same here.

There are so many ways to resolve any issues that might arise that in the end a trumpet turns one's own trumpet !