White circles / dots - what does it mean?

Roland Kirst
Roland Kirst Member Posts: 12 Member

Running MASCHINE+ in Stand Alone Mode I recognized those white circles / dots (see attachment) on some of the parameters. I could not find any explanations what it means. Does anyone know, what it means?

Thank you for your help!

Best Answer

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

It means those parameters are mapped to Macros that can be adjusted from the eight encoders.

Then when you press the Macro button it allows you to make changes to any parameters you've mapped to Macros from a single place rather than diving around on different screens depending on the instrument.

Lots of useful information in the manual under Macros for this. And macros can be assigned in each level: master, group, and sound so there is lots of flexibility with them worth learning about.

Answers

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

It means those parameters are mapped to Macros that can be adjusted from the eight encoders.

Then when you press the Macro button it allows you to make changes to any parameters you've mapped to Macros from a single place rather than diving around on different screens depending on the instrument.

Lots of useful information in the manual under Macros for this. And macros can be assigned in each level: master, group, and sound so there is lots of flexibility with them worth learning about.

• Roland Kirst
    Roland Kirst Member Posts: 12 Member

Thank you so much Peter. This really helps - I will dive into the secrets of macros!

Thank you once more and greetings from Vienna!