Mod wheel is adding strings to my sounds

brcompose
brcompose Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited April 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi there

For whatever reason, the mod wheel on my S49 is now adding strings to my sounds on logic pro, and it starts only on C3 onwards

That happens with the mod wheel on the right side, and even if I bring it fully down, I can still hear a slight sound of strings on top of whatever instrument Im using, such as a piano.

Has anyone seen this? Any ideas on how to solve it?

Best Answer

Answers

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited February 2023

The wheel on the left is exclusively pitchbend, not modulation.

Do you have a dynamic string library loaded on another track that reacts to the modulation wheel? If so , make sure the track you are playing piano on is the only one armed to record.

Just one thought.

• brcompose
    brcompose Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thanks

This is happening to the right wheel. The left work well for the volume

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

You said S49 so I was thinking that the wheels you were referring to were the standard pitch and bend type, and you said "mod wheel on the right".

Now I see by your tags that you have S49 MK1, which have the strips for bend and mod, I beleive. So I have no idea what the wheel on the left or right are. Sorry.

I thought the navigation volume knob was on the right. I guess I'm confused.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@brcompose Do you experience anything similar outside of Logic? If it's only in Logic it looks like you might have accidentally set up a MIDI assignment in Logic regarding MIDI CC1 / Modulation Wheel.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

No news from you for a while. We’re closing this thread now. If you still need assistance on that topic, please get in touch here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_KKontrol

This discussion has been closed.