How do komplete upgrade versions work?

HAVLICK
HAVLICK Member Posts: 10 Member

Hi, I’m a new NI user with komplete now subscription for the moment. I aim to move to komplete 14 standard.

Maybe my question gonna be ridiculous for you, but how does komplete 14 upgrade work?

• if I have komplete 14 select can I buy just the upgrade version for komplete 14 standard ? Or I it will work just if I have komplete 13 standard ?
  • now I have the komplete now subscription. Can I buy just the upgrade version for komplete 14 standard ? Or I have to cancel my subscription and buy the komplete 14 standard ?

Thanks for ur lights

Best Answers

Answers

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

I think Select would make you eligible for any upgrade.

You wouldn't need 'NOW', because you can install your software on 3 computers.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    Answer ✓

You may upgrade from Komplete Select to any Komplete version but CE. To upgrade to CE yo have to do it in two steps, for example to Komplete Standard and from Standard to CE....

I guess there is no upgrade path from Komplete Now.

Concerning upgrading. If you wait 3,5 months, there will be most probably Summer Sale and most probably upgrades will have 50% off.

Here comes table with upgrade prices and content of different bundles.

• HAVLICK

Thanks for this detailed answer

• Gee_Flat
    Answer ✓

Hey, I wasn't aware that 'Now' had added Alicia'sKeys and a few other gems like Studio Drummer, that wouldn't come with Select.

I could see a legitimate reason for just using Now. Then invest in Standard if they have a 50% sale like @Kubrak said.

• HAVLICK

@Gee_Flat i think you are right. I will still keeping my Komplete Now subscription. Until I find a really good deal in price to move on standard.

I bought the MK3 recently. And the give Directly the select with that. Can I just keep my Now subscription when I will register the MK3?

• Gee_Flat
    edited February 2023

I think the simplest way would be to have two separate accounts, then there would be no conflict. I can't imagine there is anything stopping a customer from owning 5 accounts with 5 different products, or 5 of the same product.

Makes sense right?

The most important thing would be installation and directory locations. If I'm wrong again I'd like to know.

I'm usually wrong 😋

• Kubrak

I may be wrong, but I do not think there would be problem to have KS and KNow at the same account. I have many licences (overlaping) on one account and no problem...

One could have more accounts, but it makes problems with checking for updates. One has to login for one account and second one....

• HAVLICK

@Kubrak maybe have KS and now is not a problem for the same account but I think I better have just one of them in order to keep my pockets safe. 🤣

• Kubrak

Sure, you may terminate Now and use KS for time being. And upgrade to whatever you want in June.