Does NKS Allow The KOMPLETE KONTROL S88 To Play Kontakt Libraries?

Gandalf
Gandalf Member Posts: 1 Member

Hello and thanks for any help.

I understand that NKS allows the Komplete Kontrol keyboard to interface with my DAW and adjust parameters etc within the DAW conveniently.. But does NKS allow the keyboard to play those sound libraries in a live situation without a DAW? In other words, can a Komplete Kontrol Keyboard or even the Maschine somehow manage to play the sounds my Kontakt can play inside my DAW.. without being attached to my PC? I guess I'm wondering if it is possible to have those sounds available to perform live without using the DAW in a live situation.

Thanks so much!

Best Answer

• MightBMe
    MightBMe Member Posts: 5 Member
    Answer ✓

The Keyboard is just a controller and you need to have a laptop and low latency soundcard at the very least to be able to play live. Same with Maschine.

Answers

• MightBMe
    MightBMe Member Posts: 5 Member
    Answer ✓

The Keyboard is just a controller and you need to have a laptop and low latency soundcard at the very least to be able to play live. Same with Maschine.

• Mistertoad17
    Mistertoad17 Member Posts: 5 Member

Hello Gandalf

I think the answer to your question is that you need a computer but you can play all libraries without a DAW by just loading the Komplete Kontrol app on its own. That gives you the full interface on the S88 and allows you to do anything from editing sounds, sampling new sounds, to MIDI control change.

You could also load the Mascine 2 app for running some sequences, but then you may as well run your normal DAW.

MightBMe is correct in saying that S88 and other S keyboards are just controllers. But reading your question I think you were really asking because of the facility of Maschine + to run some libraries as a stand alone unit. I recently got an S88 and it does not have the same stand alone facilities as Maschine +.

The S88 is absolutely a breathtaking experience to play. Having an S49 I can say that there is really no comparison between the S49/61 and the S88. When it comes to the libraries and Komplete instruments the weight of the keys makes a massive difference (no pun intended😁) to the sound produced. The first time I played the Kontakt libraries it did take my breath away. Expensive yes, but imho it is worth every penny.

Hope that answers your question.

Ade