Error loading Battery on Maschine Mk3

J2D2
J2D2 Member Posts: 23 Member
edited February 2022 in Maschine

Hi everyone, I just got my hands on Maschine and been browsing around the kits and instruments.

Im really keen to dive in and make some beats however when I select battery as an instrument I can preview the kits but when I try to load the kits ERROR BATTERY COULD NOT BE LOADED !!!

In my native access I can't find Battery as an instrument so Im assuming its not part of the New user downloads when I set up my new Maschine.

Im familiar with Native Access and Ive done some searching which referred me to this link

and

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003340145-Some-of-my-KOMPLETE-8-ULTIMATE-Products-are-Missing-in-Native-Access?_ga=2.173434976.2128304145.1644559778-1336170934.1644192836

regarding the download of 2 big .ISO filed for battery kits however the NI link to the actual instrument battery 3 won't load on my Mac 10.15.7 so the Battery updater provided won't update the older version NI supplied to fix the issue.

Could somebody tell me please how to get maschine to delete the battery instrument so I don't have to see the kits that won't load. Its not a big deal but its making my OCD go into overdrive.

If I can't use it how do I delete it off Maschine.

Much appreciated

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

99% of the Battery Kits are the same as the Maschine kits that are included in the expansions (they use the same samples) so you are really not losing anything, just not able to load them without owning Battery.

Answers

• Blindeddie

You would need to purchase Battery 4 or to remove the NKS presets, in the Browser, right click one of the resets and choose “Find in Finder”. that should take you to the location of the presets and you can delete them manually…then do a library rescan in Maschine and they should go away!!!

• J2D2

Thanks Eddie.

I was hoping that there was some way to get the kits rather than losing them.

seems odd to have it there when it can’t be used.

a lot of the preset drum kits in the expansion pack that came with the unit obviously can’t be used either limiting the presets quite significantly.

thanks for the help

• Blindeddie
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

99% of the Battery Kits are the same as the Maschine kits that are included in the expansions (they use the same samples) so you are really not losing anything, just not able to load them without owning Battery.

• J2D2

Ok well that’s good to know.

there is a lot in there to play with as it is.

just annoyed me a bit having it there and unable to use. The NI workaround in their link didn’t work either and needed to be removed or updated.

thanks Eddie it’s greatly appreciated