Permissions to read/write on HD drive

gaz long
gaz long Member Posts: 17 Member

how do I give maschine permissions to read/write on my HD drive?

Best Answer

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,037 mod

Hello,

Maybe @D-One can help, he uses mac as far as i know.

• gaz long

Thanks Uwe303,

as I am new here; can you explain exactly how I direct message him?

Gaz

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,037 mod

You can simply search for his name and after searching you select "member" as filter then you see him and can write with him but im pretty sure he will answer here.

• gaz long

please assist.. I have tried @D-One but cannot access a link where I can message him/her to ask the question. Gaz

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,879 mod
    Answer ✓

There's no need for private messages. The @tags didn't seem to work for your guys for some reason tho, make sure to mouse-click the name from the list after the @ and typing the first few letters @Uwe303 @gaz long. A successful tag shows up with a link color.

To give machine perms just go to :

• System Settings > Security and Privacy > Full Disk Access

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/4415601248657-How-to-Enable-Full-Disk-Access-on-macOS

• gaz long

Thanks very much for your assistance D-One. I will give this a go later.

• gaz long

Hello again D-One; I followed your instructions re giving maschine permissions to read/write on my HD drive. However, I am still having an issue with Instruments not saving as part of a song when I reopen. so a couple more question;

1. Is this an issue with the apple silicon chip?
    2. Can you provide any further assistance or advice?

Many thanks in advance.

Gaz

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod

@gaz long What presets or instruments are not saving in your projects? Are these Kontakt libraries? Reaktor instruments? You mentioned you are using a M1 computer. Are you running Maschine in Rosetta mode or ARM native mode?

• gaz long

@Jeremy_NI. Thanks for replying to my query. The instruments that are not saving are swarm of basses (Absynth), Alicia’s keys init (Alishas keys) and 5 for 5 (Cloud Supply).These are all instruments within Maschine which I am running in Rosetta mode. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated; I have also sent a ticket to NI support; hopefully I will get a reply soon🤞

• Jeremy_NI

So how does it manifest? Would it be possible to do a quick video showing the issue? I'm sure that would also help my colleagues to figure out what's wrong. Where are you saving these projects? If you save a project in a different location, like your desktop for example, does the issue still occur?

• gaz long

Hello again Jeremy. The issue manifests by a sound different to the instrument I chose being played; ie instead of a swarm of basses I hear some other bass sound. I am saving the projects to an external drive. I have not tried saving to other locations yet. I was hoping to solve this issue first. Please let me know how to make a video using my Mac and I will happily send it to you. Gaz

• Jeremy_NI

Ok, but is it just the sound that is different or is it also a different preset being loaded in the instrument ?

To make a video on Mac, it's quite straight forward. Open Quicktime Player, select File -> New Screen Recording then go to options and make sure to select the same audio interface output as your Maschine software so you get the sound in the recording). Hit record and when you're finished, press stop (top right of the screen is the stop button). Here's a gif, just to show where the audio output setting is:

• gaz long

Thanks for your reply Jeremy. First of all the sound is different and I’m not sure about the preset; also thanks for the notes on how to make the video, I will give that a go later today and send it on to you.

Gaz

• gaz long

Hello again Jeremy,

I am having problems recording the audio when using quicktime; I have provided a screenshot that illustrates the options for the microphone as you suggested. can you please further advise?

• Jeremy_NI

@gaz long Well, what interface are you using for the software Maschine where you witness this issue? That's the one you need to select to record the audio with the video.