Maschine Software isn’t responding to the Hardware in Pro Tools

SoLow
SoLow Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I’m using a Maschine MK3. In Pro Tools I setup an instrument track and choose Maschine as the plugin. I can work from the software and the hardware recognizes the changes in making in the software. If I try to make a pattern or just play a kit from Maschine nothing happens. No sound from the pads and it doesn’t let me make any changes from the hardware. I’m thinking it’s something simple to change on my end, but I can’t figure out what that might be. If I turn on my Kontrol S61, I can play the kits with that.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,635 mod
    Answer ✓

@SoLow Please keep in mind this is a user forum first and foremost and even if we help users here, it's not a substitute for support. I see that you did not contact our support regarding this issue. Our support agents would have been actually helpful and would told you the fix:

Please navigate to:

Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-ins/. 

Remove the AAX plug-ins that begin with FB360 from the Plug-ins folder. 

There is a conflict with these plug-ins and the software. Once those files have been removed from the folder, restart your computer. After your computer has restarted, open Pro Tools and see if the problem persist.

I would have also posted that but I was out of office.

Answers

• SoLow
    SoLow Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

After spending way too long searching for answers, I finally found this extremely helpful video. In the end I have no clue what I deleted, but both Maschine and Kontrol work as they should with Pro Tools now. I wish NI was more helpful with these issues because I know I’m not the only person this has happened to.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,635 mod
    Answer ✓

@SoLow Please keep in mind this is a user forum first and foremost and even if we help users here, it's not a substitute for support. I see that you did not contact our support regarding this issue. Our support agents would have been actually helpful and would told you the fix:

Please navigate to:

Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-ins/. 

Remove the AAX plug-ins that begin with FB360 from the Plug-ins folder. 

There is a conflict with these plug-ins and the software. Once those files have been removed from the folder, restart your computer. After your computer has restarted, open Pro Tools and see if the problem persist.

I would have also posted that but I was out of office.

• JonasUrsin
    JonasUrsin Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

I have the same problem. Now that i removed the FB360 plug-ins, my controller started to work but now i lost all the sound coming out from Pro Tools.