Maschine Mk3 wont power on

micsmith1914
micsmith1914 Member Posts: 2 Member
edited February 2023 in Maschine

Hello Maschine Family!!! I bought a used MK3 but the unit will not power on at all. I tried changing usb chords, plugging it directly to the M1 Mac mini but power signal at all. My Mikro MK3 works absolutely fine when using the same method. Do you think the usb port on the MK3 is the issue? What are some steps to fix it?

Tagged:

Comments

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,881 mod

Sounds like it's dead, what is the seller saying?

Do you think the usb port on the MK3 is the issue? What are some steps to fix it?

Could be, if you wiggle the connector does it move a lot? More than your Mikro would?

Impossible to say what steps fixes it when we don't know what's causing the problem but if the solder joints broke on the USB connector fixing is not something the average Joe should try.

Personally, I would just take it to an electronic repair shop and ask them to replace the USB connector, I've done this before and a friend of mine too, and the repair guys didn't even ask for money because for a pro it's a 2min job. We did bring a connector with us, it's costs like 1 or 2$.

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro

I know it doesn't need to be plugged in with an AC adapter but I would be curious to see whether if you find one with the right voltage if it changes anything you're trying.

• micsmith1914
    micsmith1914 Member Posts: 2 Member

I may check the the power with an AC adapter. If that doesn't work, then I'm definitely suspecting the ubs port being loose at the solder joints. I may have to re-solder the usb joint with a new port. Thanks for the insight guys!!!