add a picture to 3rd Party plugin in kontakt 7

themerth
themerth Member Posts: 1 Member
edited February 2023 in Kontakt

How to add a picture to 3rd party plugin in kontakt 7?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,113 admin
    Answer ✓

Got this from one of our Kontakt expert:

Download (from the Library’s manufacturer) or create a custom tile for your imported Library. The image file must be 134x66 pixels (or a multiple), and in .png format:

Add the Library into Kontakt 7 using the Import Content Function (making a note of its name)

The imported folder will appear as a Library with a generic tile:

Close Kontakt 7. Using your file explorer, navigate to the following folder:

a. Windows - C:\Users\Public\Documents\NI Resources\image

b. MacOS - /Users/Shared/NI Resources/imageWithin the ‘image’ folder, create a new folder with the same name as your imported Library.

Move your custom artwork .png file to the newly created folder, and rename it to MST_artwork.png

Please note: on occasion, it may be necessary to delete the entire NI Resources folder, promoting a rebuild - for example in the case https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018591137-Die-Produkt-Bilder-fehlen-in-meinem-Komplete-Kontrol-Maschine-2-Browser. It is recommended that you backup any manually created folders and files within NI Resources, should you be required to delete these in the future.

Upon next launch of Kontakt, your imported Library will be displayed with it’s custom tile.

Answers

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,113 admin
    Answer ✓

Got this from one of our Kontakt expert:

Download (from the Library’s manufacturer) or create a custom tile for your imported Library. The image file must be 134x66 pixels (or a multiple), and in .png format:

Add the Library into Kontakt 7 using the Import Content Function (making a note of its name)

The imported folder will appear as a Library with a generic tile:

Close Kontakt 7. Using your file explorer, navigate to the following folder:

a. Windows - C:\Users\Public\Documents\NI Resources\image

b. MacOS - /Users/Shared/NI Resources/imageWithin the ‘image’ folder, create a new folder with the same name as your imported Library.

Move your custom artwork .png file to the newly created folder, and rename it to MST_artwork.png

Please note: on occasion, it may be necessary to delete the entire NI Resources folder, promoting a rebuild - for example in the case https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018591137-Die-Produkt-Bilder-fehlen-in-meinem-Komplete-Kontrol-Maschine-2-Browser. It is recommended that you backup any manually created folders and files within NI Resources, should you be required to delete these in the future.

Upon next launch of Kontakt, your imported Library will be displayed with it’s custom tile.

• : )
    : ) Member Posts: 24 Member

Hit Matt

I was wondering

Is it okay to replace MST_artwork for player libraries?

I would like to have a big font on the art work with the library names as it's easier for me to quickly see where things are

Oh man, I can not edit

Don't worry, I don't want to hit you, that was a typo :D

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,282 Expert

Nice question. I would like to know it too (I suppose the answer is a yes, but you’re right: better to ask before touching “official” content)

Yeah me too.

I already did for some, but then I realized that it might be a good idea to ask about it.

You never know.

If for some reason it's not approved of, then I guess I can just delete the NI resources folder and let it rebuild the database :)

Did that after figuring out how to add artwork for Full Kontakt libraries.

Kind of a natural next step when there's some art work you are not too happy about :D

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,736 mod

You can but back it up as it will get overwritten if there is an update. I added custom images for all my Reaktor ensembles to the images/reaktor folder but I keep a copy zipped as NA always overwrites it

Oh okay. Thx a lot, and thanks for the advice.

That's also my instinct, that why shouldn't that be allowed?

But it's just not pennies I've spend on libraries, so it's not something I want to gamble with xD

I like it too look pretty ofc, but peace of mind is more important.

So if for whatever reason NI don't approve I will ofc not procceed with it

Hope we can get an official answer about it soon, probably not before tommorow at the very least though 😁

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,736 mod
    edited April 2023

It is allowed but since it's a Factory content folder installers will write to it so we just need to take that into account - I run a Carbon Copy once a week anyway so can also go back into that if I need to