Brand-new MK3, can't get my sound to work. Please help!

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    edited February 2022

Guys....

MIDI!!!! @MidniteMeds has not ticked MIDI in, MIDI out devices. So Maschine SW does not get data from MK3. And so, probably, no sound is created. And so no sound is heard.

EDIT.

Browsing, no sound.... Try to turn the volume of headphones on back of Mk3 to the half. Just to be sure it is not on minimum.... And also check if the volume of prehear in Maschine is turned to max. The knob is somewhere left down in Maschine SW.

• Kubrak

@MidniteMeds 

I would try this.

1. Set your computer as audio device and use its loudspeakers, not headphones. If it works, go to step 2. If not, there is some problem in Maschine SW configuration that needs to be fixed first....
    2. Test your headphones at device that uses the same jack you need in Mk3. I expect it works, but better to check.
    3. Set Mk3 as audio device. And check volume knob at the rear of mk3. Or try different knob positions....
  • MidniteMeds
    MidniteMeds Member Posts: 12 Member
    edited February 2022

Hi @Kubrak,

Thank you for joining! So I've played around with the MIDI settings as well and still no sound coming through the headphone ouput. Small update though:

This morning I've managed to get Youtube + Maschine 2 sounds coming out of the Line Out R using my headphones in the MK3. So 1) my headphones work and 2) other Line Outs as well. It's the headphone output on this MK3 that seems to be broken.

Strange detail: Line Out R seems to be stereo, Line Out L only right side of my headphones.

• Kubrak

It looks like there might be something wrong with your headphones. Can you try it at any other device but mk3?

Do they have big plug on its wire, or do you use adapter from smaller to bigger plug?

• MidniteMeds
    edited February 2022

Hi Kubrak, because I get sound from the Line R and L Output when plugging in my headphones, I believe that it's not my SONY MDR-7506's that are faulty. Indeed, adapter from smaller to bigger plug. These come with the bigger plug in the box. Can't try another device with them, but like I said they receive sound, just not when plugged in the correct (PHONES) output of the MK3.

• Kubrak

But you should not get stereo or "stereo" when sending only one channel signal. And you should not hear left channel on the right. Or vice versa....

Is the reduction placed correctly? To the very end and firmly. And some reductions have to be scrued on. Like on my Sennheisers HD 25.

What about trying headphones also without plug reduction? With phone/PC, etc.

• MidniteMeds
    edited February 2022

Correct, same principle for mine. You 'screw' them on until they're a tight fit. Without them, the headphones have been working flawlessly (directly in Macbook Air, iPad, etc.). And I actually have two different bigger screw-on plugs so I've even tried both.

• Kubrak

@MidniteMeds,

and have you tried to turn the headphone volume knob on the rear of Mk3 to three quarters, not to the max?

• John Lucas
    John Lucas Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

@MidniteMeds Have you had a solution for this issue? I suspect I have the exact same problem on a brand new Maschine MK3. Headphone out only plays left side. Also volume knob on Main Outs doesnt do anything at all I have to control volume on the SW.

Thanks 👍️

• ShelLuser
    ShelLuser Member Posts: 240 Pro

@John Lucas Do you also use a Mac? Considering the date of the above thread (few months ago) it might be a better idea for you to make a new thread with this specific issue.

• MidniteMeds
    Answer ✓

@John Lucas Sorry to hear you're having problems! I returned mine and received a new one. Turned out my first Maschine MK3 was faulty.

• p01s3d
    p01s3d Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Strangely, I have this issue, but only in standalone. I can preview and record when pulling Maschine in as my DAW.

That's pretty much how I got here. @MidniteMeds I see that you got a new device and things worked since. Did you ever encounter the issue again? Did you do a reinstall after getting the new hardware?

• avgguyfrom85
    avgguyfrom85 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

All,

I had to set the driver to ASIO, and device to ASIO4ALL v2. This brought up an "ASIO Config" button and Iclicked "OPEN PANEL" under the Audio tab of the Maschine software preferences. Made sure "Maschine MK3 WDM Audio" in the was selected in the ASIO panel and it worked. Hope this helps anyone else having issues.

B

• avgguyfrom85
    avgguyfrom85 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Quick detail: Originally, I was trying to connect my MK3 to my Plugable Thunderbolt dock so I could stay set up and only have to plug in my laptop (HP Spectre) for working sessions. I can only get very distorted, slow audio output when trying to use the docking station. MK3 has to go directly into my USB on the laptop. Hope this helps.

B

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,005 Guru
    edited March 15

@avgguyfrom85 you should NOT be using ASIO4ALL!

It's not required. Maschine MK3 has its own dedicated ASIO driver, which would have been installed with the Maschine 2 software.

ASIO4ALL has a misleading name. It's not an ASIO driver.