Reseting the play state on Traktor S4 software

How do i reset the play count of all tracks in Traktor Pro ?

Best Answer

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Customer Care Posts: 381 mod
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

@MasterYogi My apologies, I just mixed up Play Count and Played-State - good news is that there is a clear Yes to your question!

You need to right-click Track Collection, then hit Select All. Now right-click in the Browser List (which is entirely blue) and hit Edit.

In the upcoming Edit window, you can now alter the Play Count at once for all tracks that were highlighted.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod

Hello,

have you tried to go to your collection, select all tracks, right click and reset play count.

• Markovicz
    edited February 2023

The function can directly be accessed via the browser: right-click Track Collection, click Select All (Browser List turns entirely blue). Now right-click on Track Collection again and hit Reset Played-State:

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,218 Expert

Does Reset Played-State reset it to 0 or to the last saved value?

• Markovicz

Reset Played-State only removes the checkmark which is shown in the very left browser column, where also the deck letter is being displayed for tracks that are currently loaded. Neither Last Played nor Play Count are being changed by the reset.

• Markovicz
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

@MasterYogi My apologies, I just mixed up Play Count and Played-State - good news is that there is a clear Yes to your question!

You need to right-click Track Collection, then hit Select All. Now right-click in the Browser List (which is entirely blue) and hit Edit.

In the upcoming Edit window, you can now alter the Play Count at once for all tracks that were highlighted.

• ahoogland
    ahoogland Member Posts: 7 Newcomer
    Looks like this doesn’t work with Beatport streaming. Tried the steps above a few time and reset Traktor. Reset played state signs are still there
  • DiscoMika
    DiscoMika Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

BUMP

When you listen to a track "too long" it's marked as played with today's date.

This is a problem if you have already played several songs and later want to return to this song because it's already marked as played today. Can you restore only this song and in the playlist? I feel like there isn't always time to go into the menu to do this in a stress.

If not, it should be possible to arrange?

Besides, I (we) got quite some many playlists and it's a bit risky to find back to the one I just left.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod

If you use the default keyboard mapping, SHIFT+F(1-12) will put the current playlist in one of the 12 'Favorites' slots, with F(1-12) you can jump to it directly.