external inputs not supported

on my S4, I can not get any external inputs to work. Doing some research, most claim that it is a MIC setting within the computer. I run MAC and can not find any MIC settings that seem to change anything. Can anyone point me where to go and what to change to get my external inputs to work?

Best Answers

Answers

• dj_jirah
    dj_jirah Member Posts: 4 Member

it is a S4 MK3

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod

Unless you are using the S4 as a stand-alone mixer, you will need to switch the channel/deck used to line-in. There is a button for that on the controller at the top of the channel column. I think you have to hold it down for a second or two to switch it on, but you can do it manually in the traktor software. Have you tried adjusting the AUX volume in the software?

• dj_jirah
    edited January 2023

it is not an issue with the software or the S4 mk3, it is problem with a mic setting within the MAC. I have followed all the instructions I can find dealing with the Traktor settings.

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Customer Care Posts: 381 mod
    Answer ✓

Hi @dj_jirah, you might want to check the following Knowledge Base article in order to fix the issue:

macOS Dialog: “*App Name* would like to access the microphone."

• dj_jirah
    Answer ✓

Thank you sooo much!!! That was indeed the problem. After a year and a half of occasional tinkering, it finally works like it is suppose to!!!

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Customer Care Posts: 381 mod

Great news - happy I could help!