Will the original Native Access continue to be supported for older operating systems?

2»

Answers

• Psyearth5
    Psyearth5 Member Posts: 165 Helper

It's free but i have to buy new PC because on my current i don't have enough space for update and i don't ask for updates just for software to work as it works but now it's all about you and your view . I want to countinue with NI and i am happy i don't ask for updates just what i paid for till I get better PC and windows 10 or if i could Windows 11. Supporting users is important so at least i could get notified about Windows 7 but i didn't i check mail but from my experience i believe in NI . Now to answer your statement about any other Vendor well i could go to my Steinberg profile and download Cubase AI 9 that i got with UR12 that's why I think that it is possible and would be fair to give us a chance to use Hardware and Software until we get enough for upgrade , it was not cheap and i am aware of everything you said about upgrades i have to do but Life is strange and full of pleasant and bad surprises but i am trying everything else about creative process i talked about me not about you or others and i didn't want to exclude my self from the others i just wanted to say that it is not easy path and it needs full attention and focus . I what to stay and countinue with NI and my question for you is , will my Native Access 1 on Windows 7 erase my instruments?

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 908 Guru
    edited February 2023

NA1 will not erase your instruments if you continue to roll with Win7.

But NI has already stated NA1 will disappear at some point - and when that occurs - you will be completely hooped and will be scrambling for a solution.

Maybe NI provides some alternate method to activate your products or maybe they do not.

If it was me - I would at the very least get a new hard drive (not nearly as expensive as a new machine), install my "free" copy of Windows 10 (with NA2) and carry on.

There is little point to talk about Windows 7 any longer. It is officially unsupported and discontinued.

VP

• Psyearth5
    Psyearth5 Member Posts: 165 Helper

I won't assume like you do but i will say , Thank you for your response.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert

@Vocalpoint

There is little point to talk about Windows 7 any longer. It is officially unsupported and discontinued.

While it is discontinued, it is still supported. But not for free. But one may install it without problems, if one wishes. That is the difference from what may happen with NI SW on Win7....

And as I already wrote at different thread, one may have legitimate reasons to run Win7 and not Win10/11. Drivers for expensive hardware do not run on Win10/11, software needed does not run on Win10/11. Or one just needs to open old projects and so on....

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 908 Guru
    edited February 2023

It is NOT supported - even if you could pay.

Microsoft ended ALL Win 7 support (standard, extended and paid ESD) as of Jan 10, 2023.

From the article:

Microsoft Ends Support for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 Today - Thurrott.com

"Starting today, companies can no longer pay Microsoft to receive security updates for their fleet of PCs still running Windows 7. Support for Windows 8.1 is also discontinued, which means users won’t get any security updates or technical support starting today"

As I mentioned in the "other" thread.

VP

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert

OK, it is not supported for few weeks. One may use it for several years without any problems. I still use WinXP, that is OEL for more than decade. And no real problem.