DrumLab — How to set up for multi-track output in Logic Pro?

Kirtland Peterson
Kirtland Peterson Member Posts: 26 Member

Aloha from O'ahu,

Curious if it's possible to output a DrumLab groove onto multiple tracks in Logic Pro.

Dr. Google proving useless!

Mahalo!

Cat

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

You have to watch this bizarre tutorial. It explains it all in a very arty and avant garde way. I watched it yesterday. I'm sure you'll get something out of it, while you watch in total horror. It's hilarious and inventive!

One youtube commentor said: "...this whole video gives me death vibes."

Video creators reply: "You're welcome." 😃

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXNboFpp8t8

Answers

• darkogav
    darkogav Member Posts: 70 Member

sure. of course it is. you want to out each instrument into its own track or break out sections of groove into different sections?

• Kirtland Peterson

Thanks!

I want to be able to EQ or distort each drum separately.

I know how to port a multi-timbral rack of Kontakt 7 instruments each to it's own track in Logic Pro.

But how do I port ONE K7 instrument (DrumLabs) onto multiple tracks in Logic Pro?

The only way I can figure out how to do it is have a multi-timbral rack of as many DrumLab instances as there are drums sounds in the groove.

Then I'd copy the groove into each of those tracks.

Then I'd eliminate all but one of the midi notes for the drums.

That way multi-timbral Track 1 might be snare, MT Track 2 might be kick, Track 3 might be high hat, etc.

It seems to me there should be a simple routing solution, but again...

How do I port ONE K7 instrument (DrumLab in this case) to MULTIPLE tracks in Logic Pro, one track for each drum.

And I'm using a groove I really like.

Mahalo again!

Cat

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

You have to watch this bizarre tutorial. It explains it all in a very arty and avant garde way. I watched it yesterday. I'm sure you'll get something out of it, while you watch in total horror. It's hilarious and inventive!

One youtube commentor said: "...this whole video gives me death vibes."

Video creators reply: "You're welcome." 😃

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXNboFpp8t8

• Kirtland Peterson

Aloha!

Mahalo! Weird but helpful!

Sorry for delay is saying thanks. Was trying to make a tutorial (mainly for my own reference) to capture how I’ve learned to do what I need to do, only to find…

… a serious issue with my desktop that needed immediate attention.

Will let you know when tech-free time back and a wee tutorial can be recorded.

thanks again!

cat