Putting together a piece of music

S-P
S-P Member Posts: 7 Member
edited February 2023 in Maschine

What is the procedure where one can put together scenes and have them play back on their own like the demos?

I own Machine mk3 and Komplete Kontrol s49 which I use both at the same time. I use Machine as a router for KKs49.

Is there any way to allow Machine to have a different root note besides C?

Thank you

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

What is the procedure where one can put together scenes and have them play back on their own like the demos?

With Song mode.

1. Assuming you already have a few Scenes just press Shift+SCENE/Section OR use the Ideas/Song button.
    2. Press a Pad-1 and rotate knob #2 to assign a Scene to it, do the same for a few Pads and your Secnes/Section are now in order.
    3. Disable LOOP and pressing Restart should play them in the order you selected.

Sure, from the controller just go to Pad Mode and use the Semitone top buttons, new notes recorded after that will be whatever you picked. You can do it via the software too:

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

With Song mode.

1. Assuming you already have a few Scenes just press Shift+SCENE/Section OR use the Ideas/Song button.
    2. Press a Pad-1 and rotate knob #2 to assign a Scene to it, do the same for a few Pads and your Secnes/Section are now in order.
    3. Disable LOOP and pressing Restart should play them in the order you selected.

Sure, from the controller just go to Pad Mode and use the Semitone top buttons, new notes recorded after that will be whatever you picked. You can do it via the software too:

• S-P
    S-P Member Posts: 7 Member

Thank you

I will try that.

It is much appreciated.