Velocity Scaling for M32

1nspire
1nspire Member Posts: 4 Member

Hi,

I am new owner of M32. And I was surprised to see the low velocity from the keyboard.

When using plugins like SpiteFire one's or other, I can adjust the velocity. But basically, the keyboard seems to be setup with low velocity by default.

Has I could see from differents forums, the same topics come from several people so it is an issue.

My observations :

▪ in Kontrol there is an option hardware in preferences for S-serie but not for the M32 considered has a A-Serie. It give this =>

Velocity / SCALING: Lets you adjust the velocity response curve of the keybed. Use the

Soft 3, Soft 2, Soft 1 settings to compensate for gentle playing (velocity response is more

sensitive), and the Hard 1, Hard 2, Hard 3 settings to compensate for strong playing (ve-

locity response is insensitive).

▪with thhe M32 we can dowload the Controller Editor and the same option of velocity scaling appears when you select all the keys, double click and you have options at the right side that permites to change the velocity curve response with the 7 options describes in the point before.

But no possibility to select the M32 in the Controller Editor. So why do you offer to download this damn program ?? There are only S-Series keyboard in hardware options !!!

Do you have any way to change velocity curves in the apps from Native ?

Do you have other ways to do so ?

Is there is a Native representative who could answer ? (cause I report twoo times this issue and no answers yet...

Thanks Community in advance,

Thanks Native if you answer..

Best Regards

Sylvain

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,040 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

the M and A series keyboards don't have an option to set different velocity curves. It was also a issue for me and my A49 if it was new, but i got used to it and i like it, i now have more control. But i of course don't expect everyone to be like me, so if you use it within a DAW there are often midi plugins to compress velocity values, you can use in some cases fixed velocity mode it's on "shift+ Okt down" if i remember correctly. But yeah it's strange that this feature is not implemented - and even if it would just work within komplete kontrol.

Answers

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,562 admin

Hi @1nspire sorry you haven't gotten a reply from our support team yet. I've escalated your ticket and you should hear back from us soon.

• 1nspire
    edited February 2023

Much appreciate, thanks ! @Kaiwan_NI

• 1nspire

@Kaiwan_NI No news at all, no email. The second ticket number is 3625155.. I send back a llink to the support tool file. Let me know please.

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓

Hello,

the M and A series keyboards don't have an option to set different velocity curves. It was also a issue for me and my A49 if it was new, but i got used to it and i like it, i now have more control. But i of course don't expect everyone to be like me, so if you use it within a DAW there are often midi plugins to compress velocity values, you can use in some cases fixed velocity mode it's on "shift+ Okt down" if i remember correctly. But yeah it's strange that this feature is not implemented - and even if it would just work within komplete kontrol.

• 1nspire

@Uwe303 Thanks, yeah it's the conclusion I got, especially since Native doesn't answer to my tickets... This is really weird that we can't adjust the curve regarding all the option of these keyboards.

seems flawed or big mistakes at large scale..

• Dmitry P.
    Dmitry P. Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I'm extremely disappointed!

The answers to all your question are very simple. Why is support not answering? You should try Chinese; it should help:)

I was wondering why the velocity curve is so bad. So I decided to disassemble this ******. The keys are based on two membrane buttons, with the usual 8x8 key matrix. I think no-name chaise products are usually optic. But the most impressive part is MCU. It's GVM32F103. Some unknown (as for west engineer) Chinese GENERAL PURPOSE 32bit MCU. All technical documentation is in Chinese language http://www.genvic.com/public/en/support/index.html or mixed. I'm wondering how German engineers can choose not ARM, not STM, but some unknown Chinese product without any specific feature, just general-purpose MCU. And without even English technical documentation. How did they know that this MCU exists at all? Is Chinese a required language in German universities today?

The answer is simple it's a completely Chinese product designed somewhere in China with low-budged buggy firmware and all other related features. And that is not a Hi-Tech Chinese product. It's a low-cost Chinese product. The sticker on the back side is completely lying and isn't designed in Germany:( It's another low-cost Chinese midi keyboard.

What more can I say? Very sad:(

TO NI: Sometimes transport control and some other keys stop working. Please, at least, ask your Chinese friends to fix the firmware!

• Uwe303
    edited June 2023

If you replace the GV with ST you find a complete english manual, GV or ST is just the manufacturer. So no only chinese manual and all that....it is an arm based chip