kontakt setting for steinberg note expression

jacques fulcara
jacques fulcara Member Posts: 3 Member

Hi

I'm using kontakt 6.7.1 as a vst3 plug-in in Cubase Pro 11

My intention is to add some note note expression parameters to nkis and nkms

Some other vstis have note expression special patches that allow to assign note expression to a bunch of parameters

Is it possible to assign such parameters in kontakt ?

And if so, at which level ? The kontakt interface, the controllers page, the multi, the patch ?

And how ?

Best regards

Tagged:

Comments

• jacques fulcara

Hi Gee Flat

Thanks for your reply, but expression map is a completely different tool dedicated to articulations management

note expression is a very powerful one on its own that allows to assign controllers to midi parts in a very attractive way

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

Yeah... there are ways to acheive that. You need a good understanding of how Groups and Zones work.

But really, in Cubase you're applying a controller to notes, and Kontakt doesn't contain notes.

My guess is that you want to acheive the same thing as a Stand-alone instrument, otherwise I don't see the point.

• jacques fulcara

Well, my need is to assign pitch bends to kontakt nkis for bends, vibratos, hammer ons and pull offs from a midi guitar

I've assigned the pitch bend in a note expression setting, kontakt responds very well, and my bends are recorded fine too in cubase

No needs to go further about tweaking kontakt settings

Best

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited February 2023

Pitchbend and vibrato on a guitar are the same thing, so Kontakt is just responding to change of pitch. Unless you're talking about sending midi messages through a Roland GR700

No way you're getting vibrato out of Kontakt unless you're moving the pitchbend fack and forth in short increments, or an LFO is applied inside the instrument. Which in some cases is the whole point of adding an LFO. It's meant to emulate real world pitchbend or oscillation.