Selling SL-88 Mk II

gogoriviera
gogoriviera Member Posts: 3 Member

So I am selling my SL88 Mk-Ii to buy Kawai Mp-11SE.

i have purchased upgrades to complete along the way- wondering which software I can include as transfer without losing Kontakt 7 and Komplete 14 which again i purchased as upgrade

i am afraid of losing my uograde purchases if i include what came with this SL-88? This is tricky

Best Answer

• gogoriviera
    Answer ✓

I just got email from NI that says all my original software that came with SL88 and my upgrades stay in place

Answers

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 851 Guru

If you upgraded ANY license that came with the SL-88 MKII - I believe that will need to follow the sale of the keyboard to the new owner.

My understanding is that "unbundling" any software included with hardware OR a Komplete package is not allowed. EX: I bought Komplete v8 (with Kontakt 4) and upgraded to v12 (with Kontakt 6) - I cannot turn around and sell Kontakt 4 to anyone. Actually - I cannot even sell Komplete 8 to anyone either.

Only purchases of standalone licenses are permitted to be sold/transferred. Much the same as any other vendor.

VP

• gogoriviera

No Actual I read when I transfer my Komplete Kontrol license - the buyer would then receive the same software anyone would receive that bought this SL88 new

So I believe my licenses stay in place

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 851 Guru
    edited February 2023

Well - what software actually came with your keyboard?

And what did you but AFTER getting the keyboard?

Anything that came after should be good to keep.

VP

• gogoriviera
    Answer ✓

I just got email from NI that says all my original software that came with SL88 and my upgrades stay in place