Guitar Rig 6 Mac M1 cpu-load

McClaneonfire
McClaneonfire Member Posts: 148 Member

Hello,

comparing GR5 with GR6: the processor load is 1-2% vs 32% just watching it ...

I read older Windows related posts. I thought the arm version of GR6 might work more efficiently.

Any infos for an update working on that? I'd like to kick/deinstall GR5 but with this it looks like a bad trade ;)

Best Answer

• Eddie_NI
    Eddie_NI Product Team Posts: 355 mod
    Answer ✓

I just checked on my M1 and I see the same performance for GR6 and GR5 with the "5th Doom" preset. It does not exist in GR5 so I recreated it manually.

When you compare GR5 and GR6 you need to take a few things into account to make a fair comparison:

• Turn on High Quality mode in GR5 (top right corner, the "HI" button)
    • Make sure the "Stereo" mode of all components matches between GR5 and GR6. In the "5th Doom" preset in GR6 all amps and cabinets are set to stereo. You need to match that in GR5

Answers

• Eddie_NI

Hi,

can you please be a bit more specific so we can investigate this? Which preset or component are you referring to?

• McClaneonfire
    edited February 2023

Thank you for your fast answer!

here a screenshot. Right after startup of the standalone version it gives me like above 35% CPU drain:

I mean it might not be a problem. But I wondered cause the GR5 shows like 1 to 2 %. And when using it live or in a complex setup it might be better to have a lower value.

• Eddie_NI
    Answer ✓

I just checked on my M1 and I see the same performance for GR6 and GR5 with the "5th Doom" preset. It does not exist in GR5 so I recreated it manually.

When you compare GR5 and GR6 you need to take a few things into account to make a fair comparison:

• Turn on High Quality mode in GR5 (top right corner, the "HI" button)
    • Make sure the "Stereo" mode of all components matches between GR5 and GR6. In the "5th Doom" preset in GR6 all amps and cabinets are set to stereo. You need to match that in GR5
  • McClaneonfire

Ah ok, well I already deinstalled GR5, so ...

So with everything set as you describes in GR5 it gives a similar cpu %, I hear.

Hopping trhough random presets in GR6 it varies between 15 an 30%. I guess that's just how it is.

Thank you for looking into it -> case closed👍️

• McClaneonfire

PS:

inside my DAW (Cubase) GR6 just works great. This thread was only about the standalone GR6.

Really versatile effects plug-In!

-> huge presets library and practically a whole database with endless combinations 🤗