Guitar Rig 6 UI bug in Reaper

alex9
alex9 Member Posts: 14 Member

Guitar Rig UI is pretty terrible in Reaper, when Windows scaling is set to 150%. It's pretty much makes GR6 unusable in Reaper.

The UI is so messed up that even the actual mouse position is way off of the mouse cursor.

How to fix that?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Eddie_NI
    Eddie_NI Product Team Posts: 355 mod
    Answer ✓

Same setup here and I don't see any problems, this is really weird. We have not encountered this issue here during development and testing. Was this always the case for you or did one of the recent updates cause this problem? Which Guitar Rig version are you using?

What are your HiDPI settings in Reaper?

Answers

• Eddie_NI

Hi,

I'm sorry that you are experiencing trouble with Guitar Rig 6.

We have tested compatibility with Reaper and have seen no issues.

Which Windows and Reaper version are you using?

Does the problem also occur when you float the fx window in Reaper?

• alex9

Hi Eddie

All software is the latest versions:

Win10 Pro, v. 21H2

Reaper v.6.75

The floating option does not help. Please note the scaling in Windows is set to 150%, 4K monitor.

• Eddie_NI
    Answer ✓

Same setup here and I don't see any problems, this is really weird. We have not encountered this issue here during development and testing. Was this always the case for you or did one of the recent updates cause this problem? Which Guitar Rig version are you using?

What are your HiDPI settings in Reaper?

• Eddie_NI

Does Guitar Rig 6 work as a standalone application for you? What about VST2 in Reaper?

• alex9

Thank you, changing the DPI setting from "Multimonitor aware v2" to "Multimonitor aware (recommended)" has fixed the issue. Now I can scale GR6 inside Reaper, which is simply great!

Thank you again for the support!