Locating files

Alex1974
Alex1974 Member Posts: 25 Member

In Maschine software, I have assigned wav samples to all the pads.

I am cleaning up my library and removing duplicate names. Therefore, I need to find out which library entry is assigned to a pad. For example, on pad 1 there is a sample named 'kick.wav' but my user library shows 3 entries named 'kick.wav'. I need to find out which one it is assigned to.

I tried right clicking, tried all tabs etc, but I can't find it. There is a magnifier icon above the list of pads, clicking triggers opening the library, but it does not highlight the right sample.

Anyone have a hint on how to sort this out?

Thanks for your help. I've been using this community to ask a couple of questions last week and everyone is very helpful.

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

The Mag Glass icon is to recall tags, mainly to replace a sound with a similar one.

Sampler>Edit - Right click the waveform and select "Find in Finder" (or whatever the Windows equivalent is) and it will open your OS file browser with the source sample selected.

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

The Mag Glass icon is to recall tags, mainly to replace a sound with a similar one.

Sampler>Edit - Right click the waveform and select "Find in Finder" (or whatever the Windows equivalent is) and it will open your OS file browser with the source sample selected.

• Alex1974
    Alex1974 Member Posts: 25 Member

Thanks a lot!