New here: two questions

Arcanum
Arcanum Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hello!

I’m new here. Two quick questions:

1. I just learned that there was an app for iPhone called iMaschine, but apparently it was dropped not too long ago. Will Native Instruments be releasing another one soon? I’d love to have that. I have one Ableton put out called Note and it’s “okay”…
  2. I bought a Maschine MK3 brand new in 2021 and absolutely LOVED IT. Unfortunately, because of changes at my last job, I had to sell all my instruments and recording gear to pay my rent and eat. Now I’m itching to buy another MK3. Has the software that MK3 comes with changed recently and has any software been left out from the previous couple of years? Just so I know what else to get when I buy it and a Kontrol midi keyboard.

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

1 - I just learned that there was an app for iPhone called iMaschine, but apparently it was dropped

It wasen't dropped, it just currently unavailable and theres no ETA of when it will be back but anyone who already purchased it should have it available for download. So... no new purchases for now.

I bought a Maschine MK3 brand new in 2021.

Has the software that MK3 comes with changed recently and has any software been left out from the previous couple of years? Just so I know what else to get when I buy it and a Kontrol midi keyboard.

Komplete Select that comes with the MK3 does change, but afaik only to offer more stuff, never less, version 14 for example has Soul Sessions and some new expansions that K-Select 13 didn't have.

Check the product page>sounds for more details.

If you sold your old MK3 and transfered your license to the buyer you should still have all the old licenses in your account anyway, when HW is sold both original buyer and new one get to keep the software.

Answers

• awol9000
    awol9000 Member Posts: 69 Advisor

Nothing has changed...long term user here.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

1 - I just learned that there was an app for iPhone called iMaschine, but apparently it was dropped

It wasen't dropped, it just currently unavailable and theres no ETA of when it will be back but anyone who already purchased it should have it available for download. So... no new purchases for now.

I bought a Maschine MK3 brand new in 2021.

Has the software that MK3 comes with changed recently and has any software been left out from the previous couple of years? Just so I know what else to get when I buy it and a Kontrol midi keyboard.

Komplete Select that comes with the MK3 does change, but afaik only to offer more stuff, never less, version 14 for example has Soul Sessions and some new expansions that K-Select 13 didn't have.

Check the product page>sounds for more details.

If you sold your old MK3 and transfered your license to the buyer you should still have all the old licenses in your account anyway, when HW is sold both original buyer and new one get to keep the software.