Reaktor Newscool Midi Out

bimrudie
bimrudie Member Posts: 5 Member

Hi everyone,

I absolutely love making beats with this groovebox, but I can't figure out how to route mid out it from it, which would be a game changer. For years I've wanted to route it out to a drum rack in Ableton but haven't been able to figure it out.

I'm sure it's possible!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

This is the right connection P to P and Trig to G. The upper pic is wrong.

This is the Spiral output. You can copy macros and building blocks from there and hook in Newscool.

Spiral and Newsool MIDI OUT settings on tab Connect.

So you can receive on channel 1 only.

Answers

• Paule

Try to connect on MIDI Out P to pitch and trig to gate.

• bimrudie

Thank you for replying! Could you please show me what that would look like?

• Paule

It's in the Reaktor manual page 229

• bimrudie

Okay, so I've created the P&G... but how to patch? Sorry for being such a noob!

• Paule
    edited February 2023

Yours seems to be a MIDI In macro. But you'll need a MIDI out Building Block.

In the structure press the Return key. It opens a searching box. Type in MIDI Out and choice …

… Note Pitch/Gate MIDI Out.

My choice looks like that.

As I don't work with a DAW or hardware, can't control if it will work with your setup.

You can mayhaps use the MIDI Out Block to drive in Ableton? Try it please.

• bimrudie

Hi, thank you for all of your help. I still can't get a midi signal out from Reaktor.

I've made sure I'm using the VST and not the AU. I'm trying to send the signal to another plugin, so I've chosen 'plugin' from the Midi Out menu in the Connection settings.

I've followed your instructions and added the midi out building block...

I can get a midi signal from Spiral without editing the ensemble.. so I know this should be possible.

I'm surprised that I might be the first case of someone trying to figure this out on this forum or anywhere else online!

I would really appreciate any further help.. I'll literally pay for someone's time to get this going as it's something I've wanted for years.

• Paule
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

This is the right connection P to P and Trig to G. The upper pic is wrong.

This is the Spiral output. You can copy macros and building blocks from there and hook in Newscool.

Spiral and Newsool MIDI OUT settings on tab Connect.

So you can receive on channel 1 only.

• mpl
    mpl Member Posts: 8 Member

This is just the seq(life) and its 8 outputs assigned to a midi note out

I think there are other adaptations of the life seq in the user lib, search.

I think this is what you're after

mike

• Paule
    edited February 2023

This is Life instrument from the Legacy Library R5.9.4 with a different simple structure in MIDI Out.

Thanks Mike for your extented Life midi out.

• Paule

Life is good also for Tabla Niji project = LifeTarang

What is this for a message if I want to set a link to the Reaktor user library?

Site's 'www.native-instruments.com' robot.txt did not allow access to the url.

okay, here a normal link to U/L

https://www.native-instruments.com/de/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/14823/