Change turntable pitch in Traktor by using Kontrol Z2 buttons in Scratch mode

kietob
kietob Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited February 2023 in Traktor Software & Hardware

I would like to change the turntable pitch in Traktor by using Kontrol Z2 buttons while i am using scratch mode. Is it possible somehow? with customs mappings?

I manage to control the pitch from Kontrol Z2 buttons when Traktor is in Internal Playback

But I do not manage to control the pitch from Kontrol Z2 buttons when Traktor is in Scratch mode (relative or absolute Tracking).

Does anyone know if it can be done generally?

Tagged:

Answers

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Customer Care Posts: 381 mod

Hey @kietob,

following the DVS logic (decks are being controlled by timecode), it makes pretty much sense if the pitch fader isn't working. Is the fader functional at all in DVS mode or is it greyed out?

• kietob
    kietob Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

yes, the pitch fader in Traktor its greyed out! it is not moveable with the mouse too.

So I assume that the only way to externally control the turntable pitch while using DVS/scratch mode in Traktor is to have a midi controlled turntable and change the turntable pitch by midi in and then just feed the time code signal (whatever speed that is) back to the computer

However, I hope someone knows who to "unlock" pitch control in Traktor while using scatch mode

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Customer Care Posts: 381 mod

If the pitch fader is not operable at all when using DVS, I am quite sure there is no "unlock" option. As I said, this would contradict the entire idea of timecode control.