can somebody help me get my files to show up in my library within maschine 2 essentials?

Willatkin_
Willatkin_ Member Posts: 8 Member

for some reason my samples wont show up in my library in maschine essentials even though i've already routed a path for them in system preferences. They just won't show up even after rescanning everything.

can anyone help me out as it is driving me round the bend

thanks, will

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

Ah, now I understand your situation. This is a good news/bad news situation. 😉

If they are not NI expansions or specifically NKS compatible (where they have previews and indexable attributes embedded in them) then I'm afraid that's all you get from pointing the Preferences to your own directories/libaries. Though if you drag them into a group together, you can save that group in your User library. That's the bad news.

But the good news is Maschine Auto Tagger!

A fabulous little utility from an independent developer that simplifies tagging samples so that they can be read properly in Maschine libraries. Worth every penny of the very modest cost.

And to me the best benefit when using it is that when you tag samples properly as loops Maschine knows to preview them at the same BPM as your project. It is also pretty good at automatically figuring out sample types and then writing those attributes into them in NKS-ish format though you may need to manually fix the ones it doesn't pick up automatically.

Plus it can batch process all of your sample libraries at once with separate artwork for each pack and without overwriting the original files. I bet this is just exactly what you need!

Answers

• Peter Harris

Did you press on the user icon at the top right that looks like a little head? That toggles on or off visibility for user items in each category, like one shots or loops.

• Willatkin_

yes i have toggled this on and off, still nothing unfortunately

• Peter Harris

Hmmm. If you click on the Files tab near the top left can you drill down through the directory tree manually and see any of them?

• Willatkin_

as you can see all my sample packs are shown within my files. I have routed them through library preferences but they do not show within my library

• Peter Harris
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

Ah, now I understand your situation. This is a good news/bad news situation. 😉

If they are not NI expansions or specifically NKS compatible (where they have previews and indexable attributes embedded in them) then I'm afraid that's all you get from pointing the Preferences to your own directories/libaries. Though if you drag them into a group together, you can save that group in your User library. That's the bad news.

But the good news is Maschine Auto Tagger!

A fabulous little utility from an independent developer that simplifies tagging samples so that they can be read properly in Maschine libraries. Worth every penny of the very modest cost.

And to me the best benefit when using it is that when you tag samples properly as loops Maschine knows to preview them at the same BPM as your project. It is also pretty good at automatically figuring out sample types and then writing those attributes into them in NKS-ish format though you may need to manually fix the ones it doesn't pick up automatically.

Plus it can batch process all of your sample libraries at once with separate artwork for each pack and without overwriting the original files. I bet this is just exactly what you need!

• Willatkin_

wow okay, looks like i'll have to purchase that! thankyou very much for your help