Moving Libraries from one computer (old) to another (new)

DanRad
DanRad Member Posts: 5 Member

I am migrating from an old computer to a new computer. Always challenging… but by far… THE MOST CHALLENGING are the Native Instruments Kontakt libraries. 

There are a number of products that do not show up in either Native Access or in the libraries in Kontakt on the new computer.

They still show up on my old computer’s Kontakt (I’m using Kontakt 5 in Rosetta on Logic in the new one). 

When I navigate to the library which I’ve relocated to the new computer to install the library, I get this message:

blob:https://community.native-instruments.com/eb90d0b8-6680-4dbd-b4b7-f3863d3e9ea5 There was an error displaying this embed.

What does this mean? How can I access these libraries which I have purchased?

Please help.

Thank you,

Dan Radlauer

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

Hello,

can you say what exactly you are missing, there are some discontinued libraries, maybe you miss them. In native access two is a setting to enable then - "prefs\legacy\..."

• DanRad

Thanks for the note. I can't get Native Access II to work. NI knows there are some problems and recommended using an earlier version. I have some discontinued libraries that still get installed and authorized (EW Gold for example, which has been replaced for over a decade). The ones I'm missing are a number of pianos. (New York Grand, Upright Piano, Vienna Grand etc. as well as a number in instruments inside Abby Road Drums). There are other too. I've moved them, but they won't open and when I try I get this:

• DanRad

So, I am unable to find "prefs/legacy" in NA #1

Thanks again and ANY help is appreciated... I can't seem to find where to make a service ticket... can you send a link?

• Uwe303

The classic piano collection you can find here: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000936549-Installing-the-Classic-Piano-Collection-with-Native-Access

Native acces 1 don't has that option, only na 2.

• Uwe303

And the ones you can't open, are they visible and activated in native access first? I guess the prompt means that this is already added with maybe a folder above the one you try to open - but I'm not totally sure.

• DanRad

Thank you again for your help and input. The missing libraries don't show up in NA or Kontakt on the new computer. But they show up in Kontakt on the old computer. I've moved all the pertinent files/samples/instruments, but can't load the libraries nor do I see them on NA... so, I'm at an impasse.

Thanks again,

dan

• Uwe303

Unfortunately if you can't activate them anymore you can't use them.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,298 mod

@DanRad Have you tried installing the libraries from the links found in the article that Uwe posted? Installing the Classic Piano Collection with Native Access

Cloning or simply moving the files from the old computer will not work in this case, you have to install these from scratch as explained in the article.