Is there a way of separately MIDI-learn X and Y -parameters of an XY-pad in the ensembles?

Farmatique
Farmatique Member Posts: 6 Member

Hi all!

I need an advice, since I'm not sure how to achieve what is described in the title. For example, there's a synth in the Reaktor User Library called "Synth-In-A-Case" which has XY-pad in the bottom right corner. I want to assign one knob on my MIDI-controller to X and another knob to the Y parameter of the XY-pad, so I right-click on the XY-pad and choose "MIDI-learn", then I tweak a knob on a MIDI-controller and it assigns the knob to the X-parameter.

But how can I assign another knob to Y-parameter?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• colB
    colB Member Posts: 762 Guru
    Answer ✓

I think you need to manually enter the midi cc number in the parameters pane.

Make sure EDIT is on in Reaktor, click on the XY pad, then in the parameters pane, hit the connect tab...

Now if you do the midi learn, and use the control you want to be the Y axis, the value will appear next to 'X Note/CC Number'. You can then copy that cc value from X to Y, then do it again for the X axis control.

A bit of hassle, but easy enough... kinda half way between manual and midi learn... ;)

Answers

• colB
    colB Member Posts: 762 Guru
    Answer ✓

I think you need to manually enter the midi cc number in the parameters pane.

Make sure EDIT is on in Reaktor, click on the XY pad, then in the parameters pane, hit the connect tab...

Now if you do the midi learn, and use the control you want to be the Y axis, the value will appear next to 'X Note/CC Number'. You can then copy that cc value from X to Y, then do it again for the X axis control.

A bit of hassle, but easy enough... kinda half way between manual and midi learn... ;)

• Farmatique
    Farmatique Member Posts: 6 Member

Thanks for the clear explanation, @colB !

That's exactly what I'm looking for. You`re right, it's pretty easy, but I'm stupid enough to switch to "Edit"-mode and then go to "Connect"-tab and set midi CC-numbers there :) I basically stuck with MIDI-tab and there's no ability to set anything there manually, you only can see the list of "Control/Channel/Target" and I wasn't aware of the "Connect"-tab.

Anyways, thanks for help, much appreciated!