[New release] Meet RED FUZZ - GUITAR RIG's new component & other improvements

Kaiwan_NI
Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
edited February 2023 in Guitar Rig & FX

GUITAR RIG 6.3.0 arrived today with a brand new component: RED FUZZ.

That classic fuzz sound

RED FUZZ models the sound of a distortion pedal that is designed to produce the classic fuzz sound, originally achieved by using broken circuits or speakers.

Using Native Instruments's ICM (Intelligent Circuit Modeling) technology that employs machine learning to reproduce the behavior of hardware devices, this component has been given a new level of depth and realism to analog emulations.

8 new presets come with this component: Blues Fuzz, Desert Fuzz, Dynamic Fuzz, Fuzzy Echoes, Red Acid, Red Gravity, Tight Fuzz Bass, and Warm Fuzz.

A host of improvements

A host of improvements, from a native M1 support for an AAX version to updates to parameter changes and macro assignments, are now available as a free update in your Native Access. See the complete changelog here.

Tagged:

Comments

• manisnotabird
    manisnotabird Member Posts: 8 Member

Is this modeled on a fuzz face? Which are the different versions? Going to get any more new ICM models soon?

• Magic Russ
    Magic Russ Member Posts: 19 Member
    • I / II / III: Switches between three different flavors of the fuzz sound. Mode I models the original distortion pedal, while Modes II and III model two different contemporary emulations.

Given that the webpage says "The Red Fuzz is an ICM recreation of a legendary round fuzz pedal, designed to distort and destroy your bass or guitar tone in the most pleasing or nasty way possible", that says it's a Fuzz Face without saying so. I would like to know more about the "contemporary emulations" of the other two modes.

• Beatback
    Beatback Member Posts: 15 Member

Please Support for maschine plus!

• Team Green
    Team Green Member Posts: 10 Member

Thanks for the update and the new effect. Guitar Pro 6 is awesome I use it all the time even with my acoustic electric guitars the effects are truly awesome.

• HarrySound
    HarrySound Member Posts: 5 Member

I’ll give it a go but I’ve been digging PolychromeDSP lately, sounds more exciting.

• Ðarquan
    Ðarquan Member Posts: 4 Member

I bet it sounds awesome, but I won't bother using a guitar rig without loopmachine.

• Wouter De Muynck
    Wouter De Muynck Member Posts: 217 Pro

A fuzz effect…. Indeed the most requested feature on the Guitar Rig forum. 🙄

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,113 Expert
    edited March 2023

Well, if you don't need or want it - that's fine. Just no need to make a big fuzz about it yet again.

Word play aside: It's good to see that, after an awful long time of silence, GR's once highly praised ICM tech is still alive.

• Wouter De Muynck

@Monochrome “making fuzz about it”, good one 😊 I completely agree with what you say and it’s indeed not what I need, but I/we have been asking for some insights/roadmap/strategy for a long time without any useful feedback and then there is…. the ICM fuzz. I posted a topic about the future of GR6 2 weeks ago, not a single comment from NI, I find that strange compared to f.e. the Traktor roadmap where there is a clear user involvement and plan. That’s why a new fuzz after 2,5 years of the GR6 release doesn’t make sense to me, that’s my point.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,113 Expert

(I didn't mean it in an offensive way. Sorry if it came out like that - it really wasn't my intention.)

I get your point and I also understand your overall frustration. NI could be better in communicating stuff, though one cannot deny that they do try. Personally, I don't think GR in general is dead. I would assume that porting GR to VST3 and making it M1/M2 native was a massive undertaking. With both pain points gone now, who knows what we'll see in the future...

Also, +1 for a roadmap for GR! Please consider it, NI.

• Wouter De Muynck

No worries @Monochrome , I know your intentions are good 😊

You're right about the effort put into VST3 and OS compatibility, this requires an enormous amount of effort/testing/... and I acknowledge that, but also keep in mind GR6 was released 2,5 years ago. What irritates me the most is the sound of silence from the moderators. The purpose of my post was to trigger them, not you 😊. I also can't image that all the effort put in creating a new GR version is to let it fade out, but NI doesn't give that impression. I know I sound like a grumpy uncle, but why was the looper left out of GR6? Many people want that back and what is released... a fuzz effect. I return to my cage now and complain against the misses, at least she returns some feedback.

• MLARS
    MLARS Member Posts: 30 Helper

Would love to see a pedal view version of the pedal board similar to other software, better midi integration to turn off and on pedals and other gear.

• Wouter De Muynck

@MLARS , some people are suggesting a new version of Rig Kontrol, but I would also prefere a costumisable Macro segment in GR which you can map to the HW MIDI controller's layout. Adding a pedal-look would be nice on top off the switch and rotary options. For me that would be 10 buttons and 2 expression pedals. Button on/off would indeed be a very nice feature.

• MLARS
    MLARS Member Posts: 30 Helper
    edited September 2023

Yes, digital pedalboard with midi control is smart way of getting both - a virtual pedal board view and physical switching at the same time.