NI version of rhythmizer plugin?

Well
Well Member Posts: 6 Member

I have komplete 14 collectors Ed. I’m looking to draw/play a long midi note, then test out various patterns of arpeggio’s, note repeat, and modulations all in 1 plugin.

Which is the best NI plug-in for this type of pattern auditioning? With control of key/notes. Or maybe I just need to learn how to play in real time with arpeggios better…

Best Answer

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

So many instruments in Kontakt that you could use, also your DAW would have an arpeggiator most likely.

You would have to be an awesome transhumanoid player to be able to emulate an arp. They're so precise and capable of crazy fast patterns. Simple quarter and eighths, no problem.

Retro Machines has an arpeggiator in every preset instrument. It's cool for vintage sounds that can be modified to create cool rhythms. Easy to use. I'm sure the new Factory Library has tons. Look in the Synth section.

You have so many options with that collection.

Answers

• Gee_Flat
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

So many instruments in Kontakt that you could use, also your DAW would have an arpeggiator most likely.

You would have to be an awesome transhumanoid player to be able to emulate an arp. They're so precise and capable of crazy fast patterns. Simple quarter and eighths, no problem.

Retro Machines has an arpeggiator in every preset instrument. It's cool for vintage sounds that can be modified to create cool rhythms. Easy to use. I'm sure the new Factory Library has tons. Look in the Synth section.

You have so many options with that collection.

• Gee_Flat
    edited February 2023

Forgot to mention Komplete Kontrol arpeggiator. Not sure of it's current stability or how it works. Support in the way of a manual seems non existent.

• Gee_Flat

Hey, just happened to watch a video for FM8 today and discovered something I wasn't aware of.

starts at 2:20

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro
    edited February 2023

Oh yeah! Love those FM8 patches. Especially the Crystal Clear Guitar. And as the guy in the video suggests, I have in fact used that one as the start of a whole song. Thanks @Gee_Flat for the reminder! 😀

In fact, every time someone complains about M+ not having enough sounds let's all agree to steer them to FM8. The most amazing and under-used synth on it IMHO.

And I'll have to check out Retro Machines arps; never have tried them so there goes my afternoon playing around with that. 😉

• Gee_Flat
    edited February 2023

I don't own FM8 but sure wish I woulda grabbed it for 10 bucks. Retro Machines arp is not nearly as versatile as the FM8, but I guess it wasn't meant to be really. It's 'retro'. It's a lot of the sample sets from KFL vintage synths.

I'll be considering FM8 next sale. They should consider a collection called Komplete Keys. All the synths and pianos from Standard. $99 😛 If we live that long.