Save with samples causes files with duplicate names to overwrite each other

Alex1974
Alex1974 Member Posts: 25 Member

When I save a project using the Save with samples function, and the project has files with duplicate names in different libraries (for example kick.wav), Maschine writes the files in the same folder causing the files to overwrite each other.

I guess I have to go through the whole project to sort these files out, but perhaps someone has a suggestion that makes life easier here.

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,046 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

there are naming tools out there, so go through all your samples and name them, those tools can batch save names based on folders and your entries. A bit tedious but once done it saves a lot of time. Otherwise you have to do it manually like you mentioned. So it depends on how often you export with waves what works best. Maybe someone else has a good idea.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓

Hello,

there are naming tools out there, so go through all your samples and name them, those tools can batch save names based on folders and your entries. A bit tedious but once done it saves a lot of time. Otherwise you have to do it manually like you mentioned. So it depends on how often you export with waves what works best. Maybe someone else has a good idea.

• Alex1974
    Alex1974 Member Posts: 25 Member

Thanks, that's a good tip. But when I rename them I will have to reassign the samples to the project because the project won't find the original samples by name. Is there a trick for that as well?

• Uwe303

Correct that will then only work easy for new projects.