Behringer td3 connecting

Clarky
Clarky Member Posts: 5 Member

Hi to everyone. I’m just starting to get my head around my mk2, I realise it’s perhaps now a little old hat, but I’ve had it for 18 months with no previous musical experience, and absolutely love the thing and what it can do. I’m trying to connect a td3 to it via midi out on Maschine to midi in on the td3, and have managed to get it playing through Maschine, but it seems to play through Massive, so any sound I click on in there is playing the input from the Behringer. How do I get it to sound exactly how it comes out of the td3, and do I use the filter controls on it, or can it be done through Maschine? My apologies for what is quite possibly a very basic question to some here. I learn new things every time I use it, can’t get my head around this though, and any help would be much appreciated. Thank You.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    Answer ✓

@Clarky You should set the TD3 track to output to MIDI and not a software instrument, although you might get latency this way. You can check this video, there is a section for connecting your MIDI devices:

The midi part should be more or less the same on the MK2.

Answers

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

Seems like a pointles waste of time. Maschine can accomplish the same thing only faster and easier.

Kontakt 7 just added the 606 which was the sister product to the TB-303.

• Clarky
    Clarky Member Posts: 5 Member

I wasn’t asking if it was a waste of time. Your answer is the only waste of time imo.Thanks anyway.

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited February 2023

😀 Just because I say things doesn't mean I'm not willing to discuss it and way out the pros and cons.

I'm probably one of the few people on this site who actually owned those products in 1981.

Adios!

I also owned Rebirth

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    Answer ✓

@Clarky You should set the TD3 track to output to MIDI and not a software instrument, although you might get latency this way. You can check this video, there is a section for connecting your MIDI devices:

The midi part should be more or less the same on the MK2.