Anybody else having maschine crash on audio export?

solsta
solsta Member Posts: 93 Helper

Im running an M1 Max with 64 gig memory and maschine has been treating me well. ever since Ventura I believe, on audio export, I have the software crash rather often, I find that closing plugin windows seems to reduce the issue but still it seems to crash quite often when exporting. Curious gif anybody else gets this issue?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,314 mod
    Answer ✓

@solsta So, if I understand correctly (from the ticket) the crashes could come from the Cradle Audio plug-ins?

Answers

• Withuntheflux
    Withuntheflux Member Posts: 4 Member

This has been happening to me all day! Same system specs. Really frustrating.

• Jeremy_NI

@solsta @Withuntheflux Does this happen in Maschine as a plug-in in a DAW or in standalone? If you give Maschine Full Disk Access and restart your computer, does it still crash? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS If you choose to expoer the audio to another location on the computer, like the desktop for example, does it still happen?

• solsta
    edited January 2023

My Maschine is running in full DAW mode.

Always does. *edit, grammar* I checked my permissions and wouldn't you know it, my maschine did not have that checked. so I'm restarting the system and checking again to see what happens

• solsta

Have tried the permissions fix and initially it was fine. but now I just came back to my computer and it had crashed again, so after it sits for a while it crashes as well. permissions issue is fixed in this examples when it sits for long time it also crashes. I have checked that my disks don't go to sleep

• Jeremy_NI

@solsta I created a ticket and will forward it to one of our support agents. Please check your inbox.

• Withuntheflux
    Withuntheflux Member Posts: 4 Member

In my case I have decided my crashes are being caused by Moog plugins using their VST wrapper.

• Jeremy_NI

@Withuntheflux Thanks for the update.

• solsta

I'm wondering if that's my problem as well

Though In Logic Pro X zero crashes its almost too stable

• Jeremy_NI

@solsta Are you also using Moog plug-ins? If you export audio from Maschine when not using these Moog plug-ins, do you also get a crash?

• solsta

Not Moog plugins but I use Slate digital and Cradle Audio, so looking into those as well to determine if any possible culprits

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@solsta So, if I understand correctly (from the ticket) the crashes could come from the Cradle Audio plug-ins?

• solsta

Hi @Jeremy_NI It would seem so, can't trace how or why. At times it is completely fine and then others it just crashes constantly. Spoke to Cradle and they're aware of the issue but no fix is available yet for system instability

• Jeremy_NI

Thanks for the update!

• solsta

If anyone uses Youlean loudness plugin there is also a chance of crashes. my maschine randomly crashed with that on my master channel as well.

it is less common but best be aware

• Esh
    Esh Member Posts: 2 Member

I am also running an M1 Max with 64 gig memory, but on Monterey. Maschine crashes whenever I try to export with Ozone 10 on the master.