Can't get Electric Sunburst to Play

The Adam Smasher
The Adam Smasher Member Posts: 29 Member
edited February 2023 in Kontakt

Hey Guys

So earlier this week I got a manual to try and learn more about my Electric Sunburt vst. I was poking around last night and it was working fine. If I filled in notes the plugin responded. It was playing a few patterns inside my Studio One so it was working nicely. Today I was working away and the plugin just stopped working. All I get is fret noises.

• I checked to make sure it was synched to host
  • I tried up and down inside my Studio one keyboard and only got fret noises
  • Closed and opened the program
  • Rebooted

Absolutely nothing.

Any tips?

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,319 mod

@The Adam Smasher How is it behaving in Kontakt in standalone? Waht sample frequency do you use in Studio One? Waht's your oerating system?

• The Adam Smasher

I just checked and the standalone will play patterns. I'm not really sure why I have the standalone version. Can I drag and drop from the standalone into Studio One? I'm sorry I just never think to use it.

sample frequency is : 44.1

win 10

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

Kontakt can be run as a plugin or as a standalone application. Jeremy was asking you if everything operates properly when running Sunburst in Kontakt by itself (standalone), opposed to running as a plugin in Studio One. It's a good way to troubleshoot.

• The Adam Smasher

Hello? I was unsure if someone was still working this

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 363 Pro

I think they're still waiting on you to answer the previous question about whether it works fine in Kontakt standalone mode rather than a plugin.

Also you might want to make sure you have the correct version running. It comes with two versions and you decide which one you're loading. Electric Sunburst Deluxe is chord based, Electric Sunburst Deluxe (Melody) is string based.

• The Adam Smasher
    edited February 2023

Let me be very specific. I am very new to NI. I have used the plugin inside my studio one but do not know HOW to use the stand alone. If this is the point NI wants to start trouble shooting ok fine, but how do I connect the stand alone to Studio One? If they're looking for something more specific they are going to have to write the question. I cannot guess.

I have said it plays patterns in the stand alone. It responds to the keyboard but as I said I don't know how to get it into the DAW. Really not sure about the two versions that seems misleading. There's only 1 version of Electric Sunburst from NI however there's different FUNCTIONS that it does. Both functions respond to the keyboard. It plays both the notes and patterns from input from the keyboard in the standalone

At the end of the day I would still probably prefer to get it working inside my studio one.

• Gee_Flat
    edited February 2023

Standalone is not the absolute solution to your problem, but it eliminates any other element that may be causing interference.

Does that make sense?

• Gee_Flat

Sorry, but you need to plug away, read the manual and figure it out.

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 363 Pro

If you want to use it in your Studio One then you need to look through your documentation or watch some videos about how to attach plugins to your tracks as it varies from DAW to DAW. In essence you'll create a MIDI track and then attach Kontakt to it. From there (within your DAW) you'll configure which instrument will be used and it all operates the same as it does in standalone.

Here's a video.... just as close as your computer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gfQIuROY6o&t=107s

• The Adam Smasher

Read the manual after Jeremy gave it to me. Learned some stuff but this wasn't covered.

Appreciate your help.

• The Adam Smasher

Hey DD

Your not quite on the same page bud. We're trying to get the standalone working because by taking a step back in the troubleshooting process it rules certain things out. Please see previous comments in this section.

Appreciated the video but again had nothing to do with the stand alone and since it pertained to internal Studio One DAW basics this is covered. Please see initial post.

At this point I'm leaving the thread and will log a ticket with NI.

• Jeremy_NI

As mentioned by others here, the standalone thing is just to check if there is an issue with Kontakt or the library themselves. Since it's working as expected, let's check a few things in Studio One:

Can you play the blue keys in the Kontakt's window in Studio One?

Make sure to check the keyswitches (keys that are red, pink and green), some have a specific effect on the playing/sound/pattern, please refer to the manual to learn more about it.

Does the problem occur with every song ? Does the problem occur if there is only one Kontakt track with this library in your project?

• The Adam Smasher

Hello Jeremy

Yes I can play the blue keys. Everything responds well on the keyboard. The problem is when I fill the midi note on the track. It generally only works on Eb 1 AND whenever I move the midi note around even that stops working. I wasn't even getting that much the last time.

I added a new Kontact track and tried again as you said and the same issue. Very intermittent.

I have searched for an Electric Sunburst manual but the closest thing (which you have provided) was the Electric Mint. If there's an ES manual it would be great if you could attach it or provide a link.

• The Adam Smasher

I did a little more digging and actually did find the specific manual so we can cross that off the list. :^)

• Jeremy_NI

@The Adam Smasher Were you able to make any progress here? Do you have any special settings in Studio One? are the tracks set to emit on certain MIDI channels? Kontakt is very sensitive to MIDI channel information, if you set the instrument to oni, do you get the MIDI clip notes to be played?