Session horns pro - recorded animation phrases reverting when punching in Cubase

jcjackson
jcjackson Member Posts: 2 Member

Hello, I'm using Session Horns Pro performance and have a horn section using multiple phrases throughout the song. Whenever I try to punch in to add something, it seems to revert all the previous phrasing to the one I'm using. For example, there are sections using the C-1 and F-1 phrases. If I try to punch in using G-1, it changes all previously recorded sections to G-1. Any ideas why?

Best Answer

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 438 Pro
    Answer ✓

When you punch something in are you recording the punch? This typically happens if you record a phrase with C-1 punched in, but the C-1 isn't recorded as a part of the MIDI track. Therefore if you change something later in the track where you punched in G-1 and that punch got recorded the G-1 becomes the active punch and if you go back to where the C-1 track is playing, there is no command in the track to change it to C-1, so it uses the current active punch of G-1. Hope that makes sense.

Answers

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 438 Pro
    Answer ✓

When you punch something in are you recording the punch? This typically happens if you record a phrase with C-1 punched in, but the C-1 isn't recorded as a part of the MIDI track. Therefore if you change something later in the track where you punched in G-1 and that punch got recorded the G-1 becomes the active punch and if you go back to where the C-1 track is playing, there is no command in the track to change it to C-1, so it uses the current active punch of G-1. Hope that makes sense.

• jcjackson
    jcjackson Member Posts: 2 Member

Thanks! It does. I think the first section didn't have the identifier so it was picking up whatever was in the punch. Thanks for the response.