Mikro and Chord Inversions

Options
Shed Maa
Shed Maa Member Posts: 68 Member
edited December 2022 in Maschine

How do I find Chord Inversions with in the Mikro?

Comments

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro
    Options

As far as I can tell, it doesn't look like the Mikro MK3 supports inversions, at least not from the hardware. Can anyone confirm this?

• Shed Maa
    Options

As anyone been to help me figured this out

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    Options

I don't have a Mikro anymore to test but it has the absolute minimum software control, so i doubt it has inversions. The MK3 manual mentions inversions but the Mikro does not.

• Peter Harris
    edited May 2023
    Options

I do have a Mikro and I can again confirm it doesn't support inversions.

For what it's worth, you could use Scaler for that as a workaround.

• Peter Harris
    Options

Sorry, I misspoke. It can't.

• Shed Maa
    Options

So if the Maschine Software can do chord inversions why it can't be done the Mikro but the MKIII and the the Plus?

• Peter Harris
    Options

It's not the Maschine software that does inversions per se, it's the hardware (MK3, Plus, and KK) that enables it. But in theory, NI could easily add support for inversions on the Mikro in a subsequent update. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

• D-One
    Options

At the time of the release of the Mikro MK3 they said that they wanted to keep the Mikro's simple and unbloated, the Mikro MK2 actually has more features than the MK3 afaik.

At this point so long after release, there's no way they will add that.

Maybe I can add a mod to NIPatcher to do it, not sure, would be hard since I no longer have a Mikro to test with but I'll add this to my to-try list.

• Peter Harris
    Options

I'd be happy to test it for you anytime. 👍

• Shed Maa
    Options

If this is true in the software it shouldn't mater if I'm using Mikro, MKIII or the Plus

MASCHINE 2.15 INTRODUCES AUTO SAMPLER

Update 2.15 opens a host of new possibilities for workflow integration. The new Auto Sampler offers a fast and easy way to sample external devices. Turn any monophonic synthesizer into a poly-sonic powerhouse. Highly-requested features such as chord inversions assist in the creative process, adding even more harmonic capabilities. In addition to performance and stability improvements, Auto Project Recovery ensures your work is always protected.

• Shed Maa
    Options

I really wish some one from NI can help me find the answer to my question

• D-One
    edited January 3
    Options

What does the Auto Sampler have to do with any of this?

Oh, snap. I'm sorry I searched in an outdated manual version. I'm not from NI but I think I might still help...

@Shed Maa

If this is true in the software it shouldn't mater if I'm using Mikro, MKIII or the Plus

It can matter because Chords is a function only accessible in the Controllers and not accessible in the SW at all.

Anyway, I bothered to read the manual again for ya, yes. It's possible... I guess you just press the right arrow on the Chord Harmonizer menu until you reach "Chord - Position", that's how you navigate any main menu for extra parameters.

Go read Page 152:

• Shed Maa
    Options