Problem with linking the 'itunes/music' directory (under file management in preferences) with an XML

Options
Soofi Bolton
Soofi Bolton Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited February 2023 in Traktor Software & Hardware

I am having a problem with linking the 'itunes/music' directory (under file management in preferences) with an XML file on my hard drive - its 'greyed out' when I go to click on it. The XML file needed to link my Traktor 3.5.1 software to a new/updated pathway (long story - i had 2 profile users) isn't live. Has anyone ever come up against this? I'm using a 2020 Mac M1 chip with Big Sur operating system.

It seems if I had an older version of itunes that I could go to 'advanced' in preferences and allow the xml to be shared with any 3rd party (ie. Traktor) but on this newer version of Music that doesn't work.

This has made me very anxious and I'm wondering if someone in this community might be up for jumping on a call to help me resurrect this?

Many thanks

Best Answer

• MrCee
    MrCee Member Posts: 60 Advisor
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Traktor & Music.app now integrate via API on MacOS which means you no longer need to use the xml file.

Just ensure Music.app is currently showing the library you want before starting Traktor Pro by holding OPTION + clicking Music App and 'Choose Library'. What you see in Music.app is what you will get in Traktor Pro after you expand the 'Music' node in the left hand side of Traktor Pro.

Answers

• MrCee
    MrCee Member Posts: 60 Advisor
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Traktor & Music.app now integrate via API on MacOS which means you no longer need to use the xml file.

Just ensure Music.app is currently showing the library you want before starting Traktor Pro by holding OPTION + clicking Music App and 'Choose Library'. What you see in Music.app is what you will get in Traktor Pro after you expand the 'Music' node in the left hand side of Traktor Pro.